Has anyone heard of Corrie Ten Boom or read her book, "The Hiding Place?"?

I was so moved by her story. It's about a simple watchmaker and his family in Holland during the Nazi invasion. Corrie Ten Boom is one of the women in the story. They start an underground hiding Jews and helping them escape. It's an unbelievable true story and how her faith helped her through it. When she got out of the Ravensbruck concentration camp as a result of her experience she eventually travelled all over the world witnessing and teaching about Jesus. Here is just an example of one of her sermons.

http://64.34.176.235/sermons/SID0263.mp3

or

http://sermons.christiansunite.com/Corrie_Ten_Boom...

Favorite Answer

Yes, I read the book, as well as a couple of others by her(Tramp For The Lord, Prison Letters), and also saw the movie. She was a woman of courage, no denying that.

I have not read this book since I was 12 yrs old. It is a book that strongly impressed me and stayed with me through my life though. I believe she meant that God sees and knows everything and nothing really happens by chance. There is a rhyme and reason to everything even horrible things that astound our minds at the indecency of them. It is hard to imagine a god that would plan for such horror and pain but everything is according to divine plan as it should be. In every bad thing there are lessons of love and growth for us. Painful things can motivate us to be better human beings and if we were never challenged by pain or misery would we as humans be so willing to motivate ourselves to being better? The holocoust took ethnic cleansing something that has ocurred from the beginning of time yet it has been kept as regional and neighborhood issues. The horrifics of whathappened to the people in the death camps raised this level of human suffering to an international dialogue and promoted world wide self examination. We designed convenants and treaties to govern human treatment that are measures and means we still use today and work upon improving and sometimes fail or fall upon. So depsite the cruelity and the insanity of suffering if we believe wholy in a divine intelligent god even in this we find a healing and rhyme or reason to why god lets us suffer.

Yes its a very good book. Did you know that one of the ministries she was involved with was helping the Nazi soldiers recover from their emotional scars after the war. What an example of forgiveness!

Now I'll have to check out the links ;o)

Yes I read the book

Did you see the film?

She is a very inspiring example of real Christian forgiveness and commitment to the Gospel and to the Justice of the Lord

• I attended a Lutheran school as a child and I remember being read her stories. They were memorable. What a faithful indestructable individual.

THis book is well worth the read, I would recommend it to any Christian

Corrie Ten Boom has an awesome testimony!

• Locket

Yes, and I loved the book too.

Just goes to show how faith can cause a person to overcome unbelievable hardships and come out stronger and wiser.

Yes,she was a very brave and powerful woman of God...

I was a friend of a woman who had a similar experience as Mrs.Tenboom and actually knew her...a lady by the name of "Sabina Wurmbrand"(wife of Richard Wurmbrand,the author of,"Tortured For Christ"

She also met the one who killed her sister in the concentration camp at one of her meetings and God led her to forgive him~wonderful story

something she said once is "the trouble with life is, it's so daily" =D

Yes. That was the last Christian book worth reading.