When a non-Catholic wants to jois the Church, he/she does RCIA. Is it just this way in the USA?

Or does the Catholic Church do RCIA in other countries as well?

Favorite Answer

It's that way in all countries.

The RCC is a great organization...I may not believe it, but their organization/order of church things is cool. I can be in Italy and the sermon will be the same thing my friend will hear in the US, or in Japan, or Brazil. They all do things the same way (more or less) all dress the same way (certain robes for certain weeks), etc.

I don't think there is any other church like that.

Peace.....Yes, it is in other countries.....there are many priests who do not support this process/program even though it is approved by thee Church and Bishops. The reason for this, is that there are too many laity running the programs and very few priests show up to supervise or contribute with some input or are available for questions on the spot.....I have seen very very good RCIA's and it really ends up being the job of the Holy Spirit and the one who is seeking.....God Bless, "orthros"

The main rites of the Church including the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults are practiced worldwide.

With love in Christ.

Source(s): During this season of Advent when all of Christendom looks back to the first coming of Christ at Bethlehem and looks to the future when Christ will come again, I add my voice: "O come, O come, Emmanuel!"

Its like that in the roman catholic church ...everywhere.

• ?

I believe it is done in other countries too.

I know it's done in Canada, too.