What are the media outlets for Disney?
- sophicmuseLv 61 decade agoFavorite Answer
* Buena Vista Motion Pictures Group (or Walt Disney Motion Pictures Group, Inc.): Disney's movie studio, which includes the Walt Disney Pictures, Touchstone Pictures, Hollywood Pictures, and Miramax labels
* Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios: Disney's animation studios, which operate independently of each other
* Walt Disney Pictures: distributes and markets company's motion pictures in the United States
* Walt Disney Motion Pictures International: distributes company's motion pictures internationally
* Walt Disney Home Entertainment: distributes company's motion pictures to rental and retail markets
* Walt Disney Records: releases original music and movie soundtracks under four labels
* Disney on Broadway: produces Disney Broadway-style shows
* Disney Live Family Entertainment: produces Disney on Ice
* Disney Toon Studios
Walt Disney Television
ABC Studios (formerly Touchstone Television)
Disney-ABC Domestic Television (formerly Buena Vista Television)
ESPN Walt Disney Internet Group.
Disney also owns a group of cable networks including: Disney Channel, ABC Family, Toon Disney, the ESPN group, and SOAPnet. Disney also holds substantial interest in Lifetime (50%), A&E (37.5%), E! (40%, recently sold to Comcast), and Jetix Europe N.V. (74%). Disney also owns 25% of the GMTV company that operates the Breakfast Programmes on ITV, in the UK and 50% of Super RTL in Germany.
Through ABC, Disney also owns 10 local television stations, 2 local radio stations, and ESPN Radio, and Radio Disney. Although the ABC Radio Network was sold with other properties to Citadel Broadcasting, (which carries such radio personalities as Sean Hannity and Paul Harvey and distributes news bulletins by ABC News), Disney shareholders now own 57% of Citadel. Disney-ABC Domestic Television, which also is a part of the Media Networks unit, produces such syndicated television programs as Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, Live with Regis and Kelly, and At the Movies with Ebert & Roeper.
Disney also operates its own publishing company, Hyperion, and Walt Disney Internet Group (WDIG) through Media Networks. Hyperion has recently published books by comedian-author Steve Martin and bestselling author Mitch Albom. WDIG includes the Go.com web portal, Infoseek search engine which it purchased in 1998, and leading websites such as Disney.com, ESPN.com, ABCNews.com and Movies.com. In March 2007, it was reported that Disney is launching a new Web site, Disney Family http://newsmax.com/archives/articles/2007/3/13/757... which is a one-stop site for parents, especially mothers."
- 4 years ago
Big businesses do own much of the media, which isn't that "left leaning" in the first place. For example which major media outlet challenged the idea of invading Iraq? Not one.
- 1 decade ago
Well: according to"Media& Journalism there is a famous
DisneyLand Themed Park Magic Kingdom since they do
have Current Events every day in which we know about
would be Just as popular from Today's News Headlines !Source(s): Media & Journalism