music?????

whats the dif. in music production, music recording, and music engineering?

22 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

music production is the actual marketing of music. They are the ones for providing financial value to the song, album or artist. They are sort of like the director of a movie.

Recording is just that. In the studio.

Music Engineering is the actual modifying of the music to fit a specific sound someone is looking for. (possibly adding sounds or samples that couldn't be recorded.

It's possible to be all thre at one time, but all the money is in producing.

• Allie4 months agoReport

https://www.fiverr.com/s2/ec6af142b4?utm_source=CopyLink_Mobile

• 6 years ago

Music Production: Constructing the parts to make a whole song. Because this can change depending on the kind of music, what one wants it to sound like, etc, I can see how it can be confusing. This process can include, but is not limited to, a producer (usually the person with the vision for the song in it's entirety - you'll often see artists and songwriters with produer credits), a singer, a songwriter, and/or musicians. And keep in mind one person can wear a few (sometimes all) of these hats.

Music Recording is the act of using recording equipment to make a record of the music. This also can get a bit confusing in the context of what you are asking since recording a song (in a professional studio setting) requires an audio engineer. However, with many people now recording using home studios and the advances in personal recording software and technology it is no long a requriement to be or have access to an audio engineer to record your music.

Music Engineering: The ability to use and manipulate recording equipment in order to record, mix, and master a song. This usually requires specialized training and/or a degree/certificate. There are many different types of audio engineerings. The 3 most common (in my experience) are recording, mixing, and mastering. Once again, an engineer CAN wear more than one hat, however I find they tend to do soley one type of engineering. A recording engineer is the person opporeting the studio when the raw recordings are being done. They put together all the layers and parts recorded to create a rough draft (a.k.a. demo) of the song. Once the final draft is agreed upon all those individual parts go to the mixing engineer. The mix engineer, in my opinion, is one of the big unsung heroes of the process. They create the levels, volumes, and at times sound effects/distortions of each and every part in every second of the song. They usually work very closely with the whomever is creating the song and/or in charge of the project at a label. This can completley change a song and how it sounds (fun fact: kanye west spent over 100k mixing "harder better faster stronger" because he was so anal about how all the parts sounded). Usually after many drafts a final mix is agreed upon and then it is sent out for mastering. A mastering engineer has the insanely important job of takeing the ridiculous large file from the mixing engineer and compressing it down to a final "cd/itunes" quality smaller file without losing the quality of the music. It's a process I'm not entirely 100% familiar with as far as what they technically do in their studio, but I do know that a bad mastering job can be the difference between a song being succesful on the radio or not (imagine if you heard a song on the radio and it sounded like it was being played out of a paper cup - thats a bad mastering job).

I hope this helps!

Source(s): 10+ years working in the music industry
    • SongsPk5 years agoReport

Nice Post But My Site http://songspk.one/ Some Problem

• 3 years ago

Music Is My Love

• Afrin3 years agoReport

Music Is My Love SO New Music Site Is : videodownload2.blogspot.com

• 3 years ago

The creation, performance, significance, and even the definition of music vary according to culture and social context. Music ranges from strictly organized compositions (and their recreation in performance), through improvisational music to aleatoric forms. Music can be divided into genres and subgenres, although the dividing lines and relationships between music genres are often subtle, sometimes open to personal interpretation, and occasionally controversial. Within the arts, music may be classified as a performing art, a fine art, and auditory art. It may also be divided among art music and folk music. There is also a strong connection between music and mathematics.[2] Music may be played and heard live, may be part of a dramatic work or film, or may be recorded.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

1. A record producer (or music producer) has a very broad role in overseeing and managing the recording (i.e. "production") of a band or performer's music. A producer has many roles that may include, but are not limited to, gathering ideas for the project, selecting songs and/or session musicians, proposing changes to the song arrangements, coaching the artist and musicians in the studio, controlling the recording sessions, and supervising the entire process through audio mixing (recorded music) and, in some cases, to the audio mastering stage. Producers also often take on a wider entrepreneurial role, with responsibility for the budget, schedules, contracts, and negotiations.

2. Sound recording and reproduction is an electrical or mechanical inscription and re-creation of sound waves, such as spoken voice, singing, instrumental music, or sound effects. The two main classes of sound recording technology are analog recording and digital recording.

3.An audio engineer is concerned with the recording, manipulation, mixing and reproduction of sound. Many audio engineers creatively use technologies to produce sound for film, radio, television, music, electronic products and computer games.

Hopefully you got your all answers now.

• 5 years ago

Music production is the process of producing audio/music material for bands, artists, and any other sound driven medium. This includes taking the given material and processing it so it can be heard & experienced in a consumer based format.

Music recording is part of the production process or could be considered production. Usually recording involves tracking or programming ideas & content to fit the need of the band, song, soundtrack, jingle, etc..,

Music engineering is more hands on--- actually making the tweaks, the technical work of arranging all the material into a listenable product. http://jimrossprojects.com

• 5 years ago

I love music

• 6 years ago

Kurt G is forgetting a Detail: Music Producing is to produce music, Create music. NOT like move producers. Movie producers are like the way he described it. But not Music producers. Music producers are responsible for every sound you and music you hear behind a voice or nothing. They Do these songs for days, even weeks, in a studio using time and effort on a software to make the music.

• 6 years ago

ok music production is the buissness end, I know a band and I will invest in this bands records touring and equipment as long as it makes me tons of money thats record companies, producers and all invilved though they might not know difference between a guitar and a vocal chord. music recording is an art within itself and thogh a lot of musicians prefer to have control over how thier recordef music will sound it is usually left to the recording engineer usually hired by the production faction to ensure the soumd will generate sales dispite the musicians or artists desres. most musicians obviously prefer to have whats called creative control which is to guarantee the music comes first rather than profits for the investor out to make a quick buck off the integrity and talent they themselves dont posess. the three come to be known though as the music indrustry, artist, bankroller and tecnical aspects to produce thhe records we all love question ansswered smooch!

• 6 years ago

Music is an art form whose medium is sound and silence. Its common elements are pitch (which governs melody and harmony), rhythm (and its associated concepts tempo, meter, and articulation), dynamics, and the sonic qualities of timbre and texture. The word derives from Greek μουσική (mousike; "art of the Muses.

The creation, performance, significance, and even the definition of music vary according to culture and social context. Music ranges from strictly organized compositions (and their recreation in performance), through improvisational music to aleatoric forms. Music can be divided into genres and subgenres, although the dividing lines and relationships between music genres are often subtle, sometimes open to personal interpretation, and occasionally controversial. Within the arts, music may be classified as a performing art, a fine art, and auditory art. It may also be divided among art music and folk music. There is also a strong connection between music and mathematics.[2] Music may be played and heard live, may be part of a dramatic work or film, or may be recorded.

To many people in many cultures, music is an important part of their way of life. Ancient Greek and Indian philosophers defined music as tones ordered horizontally as melodies and vertically as harmonies. Common sayings such as "the harmony of the spheres" and "it is music to my ears" point to the notion that music is often ordered and pleasant to listen to. However, 20th-century composer John Cage thought that any sound can be music, saying, for example, "There is no noise, only sound."[3] Musicologist Jean-Jacques Nattiez summarizes the relativist, post-modern viewpoint: "The border between music and noise is always culturally defined—which implies that, even within a single society, this border does not always pass through the same place; in short, there is rarely a consensus ... By all accounts there is no single and intercultural universal concept defining what music might be

• 5 years ago

Producer

A producer is the creative leader of a recording session or album. He oversees the recording, mixing and arranging of tracks and songs, advises musicians on how to approach or play on a track, helps artists select which songs to record and enhances individual tracks. Often, a producer will play an instrument or add sounds to a recording. An executive producer performs many of these functions, but also oversees the recording budget, hires session players and oversees nonrecording studio personnel.

Engineer

A recording engineer is a technician who operates the soundboard and other equipment during a recording session, under the supervision of the producer. They also set up studio and recording equipment. An engineer's main job is to use her technical skills to bring the producer's and artist's vision to fruition. She also is often responsible for mixing recorded tracks and making sure the final recording is free of any unwanted sounds or noises.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.