Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationInsurance & Registration · 1 decade ago

How long is your DL suspended after an accident if you didn't have insurance on your vehicle in Texas?

I was in an accident about 3 yrs ago n the vehicle i was driving was not insured. I received a letter that says my DL could be suspended... does anyone have an idea of how long it could be suspended for in the state of TEXAS or is there is anything to prevent it without having to hire a lawyer. I am an unemployed student.

Favorite Answer

CONTACT YOUR LOCAL (DMV) DEPARTMENT OF MOTOR VEHICLES OFFICE, THEY WILL BE ABLE TO ANSWER ANY AND ALL OF YOUR QUESTIONS AND AT THE SAME TIME YOU WILL BE GETTING THE CORRECT ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION

Texas Department of Public Safety

Driver Licensing: (512) 424-2600

UPDATE:

If after 2 years from the date of the crash there are no civil suits pending or unpaid judgments, application may be made for reinstatement by filing form SR-60 and paying the reinstatement fee.

Source(s): 923