The French Fashion Designer Christian Lacroix: how do u say this last name?

How do you pronounce Lacroix as the French Designer Christian Lacroix? Is it La-cross, Lacro-wei, or La-crow. I always wondered. Please let me know.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

la-crawh.

http://fashion.about.com/cs/designers/l/blpronounc...

got to that link and it will show you how to say his and other fashion designers names! :]

• 4 years ago

Alexander McQueen Anna Sui Badgley Mischka Balenciaga Betsey Johnson. Bill Blass Calvin Klein Carmen Marc Vavlo Tory Burch Valantino Nicole Miller Elle Saab Tom Ford Carolina Herrera Donna Karen Trecy Recce Diane von Furstenberg Marc Jacob Zac Posen Yves Saint Laurent Stella McCartney Michael Kors Oscar de la Renta Narciso Rodriguez Nanette Lepore Roberto Cavili Fendi BCBG Giorgio Armani eSCada

• Retro
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

phonetically, I believe that would be pronounced La- kwah

Croix is french for cross, and kwah would be how you would pronounce that, so this would be the same in this case. Hope that helps.

To the person below, I don't think that the r would be pronounced, rather it would be a more back of the throat sound but not an 'r' sound in the middle of the word

• EM
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

La-Kwah.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Fannie
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

La-kwa isnt the correct way...Everyone here seems to be forgetting the R ;)

As a canadian frenchie I'd say : La-Kr-Wa

(remind yourself of the RWAnda sonority, for the rw)

Or else : La-Kroo-a

Source(s): Speak french everyday, was raised in french, think in french, and bla bla bla ;)
  • 1 decade ago

La-crow-ix?

• 1 decade ago

Lah-Cwah

• 1 decade ago

La-Cwa

• 1 decade ago

I always heard it as la crow.

• 1 decade ago

la- kwa is the correct way

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.