What is the real meaing of Christmas to you?

Favorite Answer

Family, friends, decorations, food, fun!

Source(s): "The gifts you give an get on Christmas are suppose to represent the gifts the 3 wise men brought to the baby Jesus and his mother." - Penelope Ok, so what is the tree symbolic of?

The real meaning of Christmas to me is celebrating the birth of our Lord, Jesus Christ. Today, there are so many people that have lost the true meaning. You really do not have to "buy" gifts and keep buying.

The gifts you give an get on Christmas are suppose to represent the gifts the 3 wise men brought to the baby Jesus and his mother.

Spending as much time with family and friends. When it all gets boiled down, the commercialism if Christmas takes away from what is important. Did I spell that big word right?

The real meaning for me is; peace, friendship, and glory to God. Thanksgiving for his son Jesus Christ that if not for him the season would not exist. On a earthly level; the glow of a warm fire, the smell of the fresh tree, hot chocolate, and sugar cookies. Grandma's bread, fuzzy slippers, and a warm blanket. My children laughing and my heart filled to capacity with the joy of the experience.

Giving, Sharing, times with family and friends and Most important Celebrating the birth of my savior Jesus Christ

The real meaning of Christmas to me is that Lord Jesus Christ came into this world as a Man and died on the cross for my sins.

The birth of Lord Jesus Christ made a new life and new avenue to my life that He forgave all my sins and made as His child.

Now I am happy that the Prince of Peace, King of kings came to the world in a very humblest form to give peace which surpasses all understanding.

I'm not a religious person. No one in my family really is. So Christmas for me and my family is spending the day with family and friends and being grateful for what we have in our lives.

Christmas is a time for giving and family time!

Giving to others! For me, it is the one time of year people actually stop to think of others and their wants and needs. Unfortunately, it has gotten too complicated to say that it is the time to remember our Savior's birth...too bad, because he really did give so much and receive nothing in return.

It is a time to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ the saviour of the world.