I want to try a natural way to cure my depressive disorder.?

I'm a thirty year old female. I'm currently being treated for depression. I feel that in addition to the depression my hormones are inbalanced. I now want to quit taking the antidpressant that I was prescribed. It makes me feel terrible. Have any women had any positive experience overcomming their... show more I'm a thirty year old female. I'm currently being treated for depression. I feel that in addition to the depression my hormones are inbalanced. I now want to quit taking the antidpressant that I was prescribed. It makes me feel terrible. Have any women had any positive experience overcomming their depression and hormonal issues with natural suppelments. I'm going to try st. johns wort as well as do a major diet overhaul. Are there any books out there that can give me information about which natural suppelments that can be beneficial. Or do you have your own experience and advice on an holistic approach. I know that excercise and rest can be beneficial, but perhaps you might have more insight.