Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

How do i put weight on?

I'm a vegetarian and i have lost 8 kilos recently and am currently 45 kilos so i am underweight and in a bit of trouble. What can i eat that will make me put on weight thats not a massive meal as i can only eat little bits at a time.

30 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Gain the weight in muslce,

not fat,

eat lots of protein (protein bars aree great)

but dont just go around eating lots of cake and empty calories, its bad for you..

so eat lots of protein, excersie at at normal level, and dont overdue anything, but just stayy healthy

and remember to eat the rightt fooods,

• Terryc
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

At first glance, it sounds like you are not eating enough, but you need to make sure there is not some other factor operating. you might simply have a deficency that is not allowing you to take up food properly.

Generally eating carbohydrate rich foods such as potatoes, rice, pasta will assist here. Try increasing root vegetables in your diet.

If you are just a light browser on salads/leafy stuff, you could try adding grate carrots, sweat potatoes, etc to your salads.

Some people actually eat six light meals a day. this might work for you

Have you checked out your vegearian diet for balance?

The problem is that there are so many forms of vegetarianism, that you'd have to provided better details.

• 1 decade ago

If you can only eat a little at a time make sure you eat often. Don't miss breakfast and try to ensure you get 5 portions of fruit/veg a day etc.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

im a vegiterian too and i had the same problem and i too cant eat a big meal at once i have to have small portions all through the day

you need to take easy iorn pills and vitamins eat alot of calories and whole grain food

Source(s): experience
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

What I think puts on weight if fattening and greasy foods etc. restaurants like Burger King, McDonald's, Taco Bell, and Panda Express kinda. You can also basically start to eat meat, and if you do.... stop exercising daily.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Think high-calorie 'bulk' foods like granola, pasta, nuts, and legumes. Also, if you eat dairy products, lots of cheese and milk, whole being better than 2% due to the fat content. Nuts like pecans, walnuts, cashews, peanuts, etc. are a great high-fat (good fat, not saturated) snack, and if you throw them in a bag with some raisins and M&M's, even better.

• Well, don't put too much weight on. And eat healthily. Eat a lot of carbs like breads, pastas and stuff like that. Also, eat potatoes, and greens, and don't forget to eat your favorite desserts and stuff.

• 1 decade ago

eat calories daily, but no over the average ammount, 3500 will be okay. once you start gaining, attain proper eating habits by working out and eating less calories a day until you can maintain an average weight.

• 1 decade ago

Anything you want, but don't try pills, they make you fatter than before u lost weight, and try to not eat a lot of junk food or ur body will get accustomed to it

• 1 decade ago

A kilo is about 2.2 pounds, I suggest eat pasta. It is very fattening.

Source(s): What I had for dinner. (shiver)
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.