Why do hot dogs come in tins of 8 but rolls in packs of 6 ??

does it mean you have to buy 2 tins of hot dogs and 3 packs of rolls or like me does everyone have 2 sorry looking hot dogs left in the pan to go wrinkley

• 511@
    Best Answer

lol, another one of Americas favorite way to mess with his people!

you could buy 3 packs of hot dogs and 4 packs of buns to get a perfect number, or you could just stick with having extra left over but i'm pretty sure the reason that numbers are off like that is cuz of sales... it's a technique... they know if you're insanely ocd like that you'll always have to buy three and four instead of one and one. at least, that's my opinion i could be very wrong :P

Source(s): Me, Myself, and I =D

Since when did hot dogs start coming in Tins?

Hot dogs come in tins? Over here they come in plastic. I put them in the freezer and take out one or two when I feel like it.

2 left over to compensate for the ones that fall apart when trying to pick them up with a fork.I'm hungry now....I'll get those 2 hotdogs off the floor i dropped earlier, have you got a spare roll for my hotdog?

hahaha LOL - Great question!!

I have the wrinkley 2 left over ALWAYS!!

I've always wondered that myself! I'm guessing they give you extra just in case one or two roll off the grill and onto the ground....

Marketing my friend. You have a choice to make. To buy more buns or a multiple that matches both?

• Lisa T

i always put the 2 extra hotdogs into one roll. No leftovers in my house.

Don't you just hate the Non-English who question your questions, over here in England we have alot of foods in tins. So if your going to criticise our questions then go back on to your own nationality.

It's a phenomenon of the modern world!

Do what we do, buy a french stick and have really HUGE hotdogs!

And Lisa T, go girl!

cos mummy and daddy get two hotdogs in their rolls x