How do you organize your knitting/crocheting supplies, patterns, yarn and current projects?

I have stuff literally everywhere! (well in my living-room closet) I buy yarn for a certain project and put all those skeins in a plastic bag and pile them in one corner of my closet, then stuff that I'm currently working on, I have in a plastic bin - kinda like a laundry basket and it holds my few current... show more I have stuff literally everywhere! (well in my living-room closet) I buy yarn for a certain project and put all those skeins in a plastic bag and pile them in one corner of my closet, then stuff that I'm currently working on, I have in a plastic bin - kinda like a laundry basket and it holds my few current projects the skeins of yarn needed and my 2 needle holders for crochet hooks and knitting needles. plus the patterns I'm currently working on. But I have dozens of computer-printed patterns that I have in my magazine rack, along with some misc pattern books and I feel like I'm too unorganized and have to keep searching for stuff!

I need some creative ideas on organizing this stuff! I have on hand at least 3-4 dozen skeins of yarn, plus everything else and my husband is probably getting a little annoyed with me :)