A question about dessert after dinner concerning children?

In your family, do you always let your children have dessert after dinner? I have a 6 year old that is obsessed with food. She plans out what sweets she will have after dinner and talks about food constantly. This bothers me. My husband's family has always thought dessert for children was a requirement after... show more In your family, do you always let your children have dessert after dinner? I have a 6 year old that is obsessed with food. She plans out what sweets she will have after dinner and talks about food constantly. This bothers me. My husband's family has always thought dessert for children was a requirement after dinner, I always disagreed. My daughter's attitude towards food has proven my worries to be true. I'm thinking about stopping dessert after dinner all together unless I bake something special with my daughter or special occasions. I have a 1 year old son who I want to raise in a healthier fashion and he's always watching what the older child gets after dinner. I'd like to stop this focus on food. I'm worried that my son will be the same way. How do you do it in your family? I've always argued with my husband about this and now that I've seen the way my daughter is with food, I'd like to put my foot down and create a healthier focus. Please let me know you do things. :)
18 answers 18