18 year old Moving To NYC?

Hello, i am a recent High School Graduate From Miami,Florida. I graduated with a 3.1 GPA and am looking forward to attend Boroughs of Manhattan Community College for two years, then on too Brooklyn College and hopefully grad school for Journalism. My parents split with a bitter divorce, so i have little income from... show more Hello, i am a recent High School Graduate From Miami,Florida. I graduated with a 3.1 GPA and am looking forward to attend Boroughs of Manhattan Community College for two years, then on too Brooklyn College and hopefully grad school for Journalism. My parents split with a bitter divorce, so i have little income from my mother, I have 2 Years Job Experience At Starbucks. And i have $20,000 in savings. My tuition will be payed with other money. I am wondering if i can survive in the city, with a 1 Bedroom apartment and minimal luxuries. The apartment can be in close proximity of Manhattan but Brooklyn,Queens, etc. is fine. Anyone can spot me the cost of living (apartments) cost of food etc. Also as an extra note, i will not have a car, but use public transportation.
Thanks
Will CHOOSE BEST ANSWER!
5 answers 5