What does the slang word "Jones" mean?

I have heard people use the word Jones as some kind of slang word. Like, "So I started to jones for while..." Can someone explain the best meaning of the word? Thanks :]

Best Answer

The use of "Jones" in this manner (noun and verb) dates back to at least 1968. Prior to that it was slang for "heroin," which helps explain how it became a term meaning "addiction."

The word "jones" originally came from the heroin addicts who hung out in Manhattan's Great Jones Alley.

• gulfam

What Does Jones Mean

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What does the slang word "Jones" mean?

Source(s): slang word quot jones quot mean: https://shortly.im/rfFmu

Joneses Definition

According to Urban Dictionary, Jones is slang for heroine and an addictive-like strong desire for something such as sex.

A hankering. You're jonesing for something. Maybe you jones for a Big Mac or your boo.

• Susan

lets use it in an example: hey did you hear james got shot yesterday word? (right here it could mean, are you serious? or for real? and is usually said like woorrrd????) or hey i gotta go to work their is some leftovers in the fridge ok\ word word (ok right on, cool cool it can mean any of those) so yeah just listen to how its used.

synonymous with crave

fiend --like i fiend for a ciggarette or a crack fiend