Sailon
Sailon asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationFishing · 1 decade ago

Does anyone have a funny story(experiance) while fishing out on a party boat/headboat/fishing boat ?

Mine was going out one night to catch bluefish .

It was a packed boat full of people out to have a good time. There was this one guy who clearly had gone over his beer limit. I was at a position onboard standing at the bow looking back not having any choice but to watch this guy make an *** out of himself.

What I saw next I'll never forget- The captain had come out of his upper cabin after securing anchor and stood above this loud mouth observing his carrying on ,unbeknownst to him .

When all at once this guy brings back the fishing pole and flings it forward to cast....whooooooosh !

All of a sudden I realized that he had let go of the pole and it dissapeared into the darkness!!

Without hesitation the guy starts to screem- " A shark got my line! A shark got my line!!

You should of seen the captain devour this guy!!!

Favorite Answer

I was on a head boat on the continental shelf with 35 others. A man just down from me had on what he thought was a huge Grouper. He would lean back, and pull with the rod, and gain three feet, when down would go the rod, and the three feet was lost. This had gone on for several minutes, when I noticed his line was inward, against the boat, and everyone else's were drifting away from the boat. I looked to the other side, and sure enough, there was a man, with the same bow in his rod on the opposite side of the boat. The mate, realizing they had hooked each others lines, took a gaff, twined it around one mans line, asked him to back off rod pressure, and cut the line. The man was furious, and ready to flog the mate. On the other side, you could hear the cries of dismay, from the other man from losing the fish. The rest of us were just glad they didn't saw the boat into with their tug of war......

it was a trip out of groton on a small cat boat......there were two couples that were holding hands(and more!) as we were going out, a submarine(on the surface) passed us doing about 20 -25 knots, fast enough to leave a wake with 12 foot waves...

so the couples run to the bow of the boat and look ...hey a submarine, about 20 seconds later the captain turns the boat to face the waves and the cat goes over the first wave and we are down at the base and the look on the couples face as the second wave was about to hit, they turned around to get out of the way and whoops the second wave broke over the top of the bow and they were soaked!

it was also the trip where I was to cheap to put a dollar for the big fish pool, and I got the biggest fish on the boat......I had to sneak it in my father-in laws bag, when the mate wasn't looking.... so the captain has the money at the end of the trip and the mates is saying to me ....hey I thought you caught this fish......

Well it was on a charter boat and a friend of my dads was sea sick but could not throw up to feel better. So one of the other guys with him decided to take two clams which they where using for bait and proceded to stick the neck parts into each nostril. he then went up behind the guy that was sea sick and asked if he had a hankerchief at the same time he was makng a sneezing sound.Well when the guy turned to see him with what appeared to be the biggest snots he's ever seen hanging out of the guys nose he lost his cookies right there and was p.o'd they joked him like that but relieved that he was able to feel better.

i got two, 1st my brother and i were out fishing with our trout rods for kings in hood canal WA. my bro hooked into a HUGE king for how small our tackle was, and got all the way to the row boat i stuck the net in the water and realized the net was too small for the fish, so he handed me his pole and grabbed the fish by the tail flung him in the boat. (the fish was legal too). 2nd my buddy and i were out at potholes reservoir fishing in the Frenchman's hills creek, when all of a sudden it started raining like nothing i have ever seen for about 2 hours. we sat through and limited on trout, all were 5Pd's plus. about 25 gallons of water in the boat too.

when i went crabbing on the wye river a tournado touched down. the temp dropped 30 degrees it felt like rain so hard you could not see 3 feet in front of you. the only thing i could see was lightning hitting the river. it sucked during the time but it was funny looking back on it

Look out for big feet he is looking at you seeing you are up too?