Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareFirst Aid · 1 decade ago

Tell me about these cardiac findings?

If a person presents with symptoms of arrthymias, which has gone untreated but partly maintained on beta-blockers.

They have got the arrythmias from ingesting pioson which cause tachycardic and ionotropic damage to the heart.

Then if they have the followig finding on the ECG today when in a relaxed state...

Male

25 years old

Vent. rate 90

PR interval 134 ms

QRS duration 86 ms

QT/QTc 330/403 ms

PRT axes 75 73 39

Normal sinus rhythm

Nonspecific T wave abnormality

Abnormal ECG

What kind of heart condition would they have?

CREED

Best Answer

Yeah all the information you have given is with in the acceptable range (at least that I have been taught).

QRS duration range (80 - 120ms) this patient = 86ms

PR interval range (120 - 200ms) This patient = 134ms

QT interval range (300 - 520ms) This patient = 330ms

Ventricular rate is 90 as long as the atrial rate is also 90 then that is okay.

His axis numbers are all okay, he seems to have no axis deviation

He is in NSR which by definition is "normal"

The only thing that is questionable is that "Nonspecific T wave abnormality"

Do you have the 12 lead to look at? What does the ST segment look like? What about the T-waves? All uniform? These are all questions to ask yourself.

Other than that but I am sorry there is no way to tell you what is going on with the information given. I would need to see the 12-lead.

Source(s): Paramedic, BS Emergency Medical Care

It would appear that mainly every thing is basically normal. Sometimes younger people have minor changes in their EKG which means esentially nothing and is normal for a younger person, when it may not be for an elderly person. The nonspecific t wave abnormality could just be a normal variation verses old damage to your heart or medications. Your heart rate is normal (60-100) The PR interval and QRS duration and QT are all within normal ranges. Normal sinus rhythm is the rhythm you're supposed to be in. Younger people could even have a normal variation called sinus arrhythmia which is a variation commonly due to respiration. Mostly common in the pediatric population. If you want more specific answers, I would ask your own MD or cardiologist. But overall, it would appear, your EKG is normal. There may be other things on the EKG that would indicate other issues and/or heart damage, such as ST segments - inverted or elevated or normal. This was not mentioned on the details given by you. Heart problems are also not just evaluated on EKG's alone. They typically run blood tests known as cardiac enzymes and troponin levels to check for any heart attacks that may not necessarily show up on the EKG. Hope this helps.

Source(s): ER nurse

I'm sorry, but I don't think it's possible to give you a label with this information. As the first answer said this is not an arrythmia, but a slightly fast resting heart rate in sinus rhythm.

Not sure about the "nonspecific T wave abnormality" without actually seeing the tracing, but if this is the computerised interpretation it is possible it's just a normal varient.

An inotrope affects the contractility of heart muscle. I'm unclear what you mean about inotropic damage though

your in a normal heart rhythm not an arrythmia. you say left untreated but if your on meds its not untreated and what poision are you talking about? arrythmias are an electrical disturbance of the heart.