Isn't it clear that people have given God and Satan human characteristics? They copied the bad people among us

when they were looking for characteristics to attribute to the devil. And perhaps when they invented God, they based him on the best characteristics that they found in the people around them.

• Owl
    Favorite Answer

You make a valid point. Having listened to so many comments on this website I'm really amazed at just how much some people want to deny any possibility of a God.

Just like when we were kids and we just didn't want to listen to our parents because they wanted us to be responsible but that cut into our having fun so we ignored what they had to say.

• Sam

I do believe that humans have personified God too much and rather than adapting their lifestyles to fit into their religion, they have transformed God to fit their own lifestyles, and so the development and evolution of culture.

"I believe that a triangle, if it could speak, would say that God is eminently triangular, and a circle that the divine nature is eminently circular; and thus would every one ascribe his own attributes to God." - Baruch Spinoza