Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationGambling · 1 decade ago

I've lost all my money in gambling! What can I do?

My family is not rich has some sort of a problem paying for my college fees! Therefore I had resorted to gambling away the money I've made from working part-time which is only meant for my daily allowance and college fees, just hoping to make some good money to ease the financial burden of paying my school fees! I'm in trouble right now as I had lost all my money which amounted to about $2000USD in sports gambling and I'm left without a single dime while having to borrow money from my friends and parents to substain my daily needs! What can I do?

Favorite Answer

I wish I could tell you to just stop gambling. It's not that easy for most to break a habit. Gambling for you has become a neccesary means to a financial end. You need money to pay for school expenses that your family can't cover. You're not making as much as you'd like to working part-time, and you don't want to burden your family further. So you've taken matters into your own hands. Let me commend you on stepping up and being a mature adult. Contrary to what you believe there is another way out of your situation without betting money you really can not afford to lose. Gambling is a luxury that only the rich can afford. There is no logist to it. It's merely by chance or luck if you win. More than likely you lose, but it sure feels good when you win. I don't want you to do anything rash! Think you are a very smart and logically person. How can you get out of this situation without making it worst. You've already tried your luck betting on sports and that didn't work. You've borrowed money from friends, and your parents are tapped out. What can you do? You said you have a part-time job, right? Well, you can talk to your boss and see if you can pick up a few extra hours. Maybe your boss can float you until you get paid. I'm not telling you to stop gambling, but if you think this is a problem and you want to stop. You have to first be willing to admit you have a problem, and hey we all have problems. Then you got to work on breaking the habit. Wean yourself off of gambling until you just don't do it anymore. And get support from people who care about you(family,friends, and support groups). And lastly replace the bad habit with a good one. Start doing the things you love when you get the urge to gamble. Go out with your friends, study more, whatever! But whatever you decide to beat yourself up too bad about this. You will make it through this. Don't worry about being a burden to your parents. They want you to finish college and be successful in whatever career you choose. Just think once your finish school you'll be in a position to help your parents. Keep your eyes on the prize and finish what you've started......this is how you help your family! Remember this everytime you lose your focus! Best of luck and God loves you!

1

Source(s): The Auto Betting Machine : http://BettingMachine.oruty.com/?hsx

Lost Money Gambling

if you have one and can get by without it, sell your vehicle. That will be a daily reminder of the fruits of gambling. Have your parents handle any future amounts of money for you, doling it out as needed. Othewise, you will do it again, or find some other "sure thing" to gamble it on, trying to get back "up". Don't gamble in any form. The ultimate result is what you've already experienced. Do not gamble in any form. You may not cure yourself but absence will break the grip, over time.

When (if) you pay back the money to your friends, tell them that you're a mad gambler and advise them not to lend you any more money, ever, no matter what story you give them. That will stop you from betting with other people's money.

Tell the same thing to your family (if that's possible).

Prepare yourself for a life of poverty. Obsessive gambling is not about money, so a big win in the future won't help. You'll blow it all the very next day.

Sorry to be so negative, but that's the way it is...

Learn from this and even if you had won it would only be temporary because you would be right back risking those winnings looking for another big win, ultimately you would become a gambling degenerate like most that frequent those casinos and race tracks.

Good to learn a valuable lesson early on.

Tell the family what you did as an additional repentance for being foolish.

Your young and this is not the end of the world but please learn from this and find another way to get money by maybe another job.

I lost 10 grand in two weeks once and went crying to my family... they bailed me out.... but if you need the extra money try to get a loan... 2,000 is not bad you can easily get a 5,000 loan if your 19 or over... just go to a bank and if you have good credit (meaning you never missed any of your payments) then you will easily be able to get a 5,000 loan from some crappy credit union... Also another idea is if you own a 2002 car or better... Wells Fargo will let you take out a loan on it for 155% of what it is worth... but in exchange you have to give them the title...

The thing now is man don't worry about it... stop gambling... place $5 dollar bets on games with your friends or something to feed your gambling need... I still gamble my *** off... but not as bad... you just need to worry about your own... if not you might find yourself hanging from your celing fan man... trust me gambling can get you so depressed that you feel like killing yourself and you don't want to end up being down the drain... So just make small bets to make urself feel better... if you were gambling for money... you could of just got some small loans man... but good luck.

• joseph c4 years agoReport

I bet in downtown las vegas 50 cents a hand and lost everything I had in my wallet 40 bucks I will never gambl;e again I sware to it.

In the event that you knew a premier doing baseball staff was playing an underperforming one, well-known guess will be on the very best doing team. But what if your opted for group only sidelined its three most readily useful players through new accidents would they be such a solid competitor to win that match today? Zcodes System, from here https://tr.im/zVKG9 , will provide you with all that type of information to be able to have better odds of winning the bets.

The sports in Zcodes System are picked so that enable you to take part in large size betting at bookies because of their recognition and are selected applying around 80 various parameters that govern each game such as: participant conditions, accidents, team selection, home or out group, goalies, past efficiency, believed future efficiency, teachers, activities, significance of fit, rivalries and much more

This really is where a little bit of understanding can and almost always may derail you and where a huge amount of in-depth, around the minute knowledge may cause you to a winner. Time and time again.

You might be able to sell some of your stuff you don't need on ebay. There are some fees to sell things though that will be taken out of what you sell, but if nothing sells, you will still owe the fees to list them in a few weeks. Gambling can be fun, but it is NEVER a sure thing and it is easy to get caught up in.

• ZCT

The answer is pretty obvious. Don't gamble any more, take out student loans and grants to pay for college. You only lost $2K, it's not the end of the world. Just don't be so foolish next time.