Dyson Vacuum Makes Grinding Noise?

Hello - My Dyson DC14 Vacuum makes a loud grinding noise, and then the brushes stop rotating. Did I burn out the motor or is the belt not functioning? Does anyone know how to fix this? Thank you kindly for your time.

Favorite Answer

I have a dyson...call them..they are very good when it comes to customer service. they shipped out a part to me fed ex and I had it the next day.

Dyson Dc14 Brush Bar

Take the bottom plate off and examine the belt.There may be dirt and hair wrapped around the beater bar or the shaft of the motor.It probably just needs cleaned out.Take the belt off and remove the beater bar.Clean off both ends of it and put a little bit of 3 in 1 oil on both ends before you put it back together.It's not a hard job.

I had the same problem. Thanks for the advice Darren! I checked the brush bar and it was clogged with stuff. Cleaned it out and it works perfect again. I love my Dyson and I have a Jaguar as well. Love it too!

sounds weird, but any chance the roller area is clogged with hair??? lots of long-haired littl girls in this house... and one day the roller on the bottom of my DC14 stopped turning. the hair had wrapped itself tightly around the roller-brush. it had to be snipped off, but then worked perfectly fine.

hope that's all it is!

I'd say the belt..........check you book that came with it.

Shine on..........!

clean out the rotator!!!!!!

go to www.Dyson.com and click on SUPPORT. They will help you with all your questions.