bottled water or tap??????

which bottled water companies really use tap water?

Favorite Answer

There are several companies that take tap water and run it through a carbon filter or reverse osmosis before bottling it. However, I tell everyone that I know to drink tap water unless you live in an area with low quality water treatment. Tap water in the US has extremely strict laws about the safety and quality that can be released to the public. As of now there is absolutely no oversight of bottled water. Meaning you cannot know how the water was treated before you bought it. i personally have purchased a Dasani bottle with a full grown mosquito floating in the unopened bottle. That told me that there was no disinfection and the storage was left open at some point to allow insects access.

There is also the issue of minerals that your body requires. These are almost always present in tap water and almost never present in bottled water. Purified water is in an unnatural state. Water tends to absorb minerals and nutrients from its environment. Normally this would be a lake or river bed. But if you put "pure" water into your body it can actually lower the amounts of necessary minerals in your body because it is trying to return to its normal state.

Source(s): My 11 years of experience as a drinking water treatment specialist.

There are many bottled water companies using "tap water." However, the term tap water is misleading. Most bottled water companies process the water and filter it before bottling. Bottled water companies do no simply pump city water into bottles. The media made a big deal about Aquafina's water source. It is tap water, but it is filtered numerous times.

Tap water

Bottled water

If you want to make sure that you are not drinking tap water, make sure that you buy purified water. In order for them to use the word purified they have to obey strict guidelines. Aquafina is the most readily available, but if you have access to Culligan drinking water or are able to purchase a Culligan Reverse Osmosis system that would be ideal. I would not recommend getting any other brand Reverse Osmosis, Culligan has the best quality and the longest lasting system on the market. Whatever you do steer clear from Pur and Britta, they do next to nothing.

Empty V who has spent 11 years as a water specialist is totally right. To add to this person's awnser from a health stand point: People are wondering if bottled water is causing an increase in osteoporosis because tap water is one way to get calium. Also magnesium is also a mineral found in tap water. If you become deficent in magnesium it can cause you heart to beat abnormally. Deficencies have also been linked to other things.

Source(s): http://www.ctds.info/5_13_magnesium.html Pharmacy Student

Dasani and Aquafina, at least, are just purified tap water:

"Pepsi's Aquafina, the best-selling brand, and Coke's Dasani, which is second, are made from purified tap water. Nestle, the global leader, gets most of its water from spring sources; they are sold in North America under such regional brands as Ice Mountain, Deer Park, Poland Spring, Arrowhead, Ozarka, Zephyrhills and Calistoga."

http://money.cnn.com/2007/04/24/news/economy/plugg...

they all do. I still buy it, only because of my job, I have to travel. I don't mind city tap water, it's generally safe and has a decent taste. Well water I don't trust. There is nothing worse than trying to drive 500 miles in a day when you have to pull over every 20 miles because a bad well gave you diahrea.

Bottled water is always the best.

I am not sure which one does it, but I seen a bottle that says Artesian water on it...isnt that regular tap water?

Well Water!