promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
trer asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

How much more time do you give players like Alex Smith and Matt Leinart to perform?

How many more chances do you give these guys before you move on?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I would, in all honest,y give it a few more years for both. Alex Smith didnt have a terrible year last year. The niners almost made it to the playoffs, and were expected to make it this year. They shouldnt have been expected to make it if Smith is as big of a bum as people say. Also, Leinart was not terrible last year either. He struggled big time this year, but for some reason I just dont see him being a guy who gives up. Hes such a compeditor. Both of them will be good players...

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Alex Smith looks like a bust. But I would give Leinart one more year.

• 1 decade ago

Smith is a bust, they should have Aaron Rodgers in that draft. Leinart is not so great too just like Vince Young. Watch for Kevin Kolb and John Beck.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

im already done with smith but Leinart ill give one more year...it's funny Tavaris Jackson QB of Minnesota is in the same range of age as Matt and was picked in like the 4th round and he is better than Matt for right now...and MATT HAD MUCH BETTER RECIEVERS...since he played with good WR's ill actually quit on him

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

alex smith was injured all year and plus he lost norv turner as his offensive coordinator so you have to give him longer, leinart had his chances

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

looks like jason cambpell is in the same situation now, i expect that they both have a 50/50 chance alex wasent as badly injured but matt is more talented

• 1 decade ago

It takes awhile to adjust to the pro game. Not all big time QB's started off well. Many struggled until they learned the nuances of the pro game. It is like night and day.

• 1 decade ago

Its not just the time,different QBs play better under different systems.I agree with you tj,smith is a bust

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

lots - look at David Carr, Joey Harrington still getting oppurtunities

• 1 decade ago

Now look at harrington, losing job to third QB!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.