What to tell a good friend about choices cause I don't want to say the wrong thing!?

A very good good friend of mine ask me "what do you think i can do with my life at this point"? I mean she's 32 I don't think she even has her GED.The girl has had a real rough life. I mean foster homes and things like that.She is the most wonderful person you'll ever meet. Her current job is a waitress she wants to do something meaningful with her life,job,ect. Can someone give me advice or help to send her to! TEXAS

Favorite Answer

maybe she just needs someone to have faith in her and believe in her no matter what she chooses to do and maybe shes reaching out to you for that. i know what its like though to be in those shoes, i have been there too. but now im a mother of 3 boys and have a wonderful husband, that makes things pretty meaningful for me. maybe talk to her about what you think she would be good at and give her a gentle push in that direction, ya know? if shes a good person and likes waiting tables, maybe she needs something where she is around the public, you might talk to her about doing hair or nails, i know people like someone with a personality while they are getting pampered. just be there for her and support her in whatever shes taking interest in. and you are so sweet to want to know what to do for her, thats a good friend. i wish you lots of luck with this and God bless

The positive about being a waitress is that whe has a flexible schedule, if she decides to further her education.

First, find out if she has her GED. If she does not, encourage her to complete that. When she is done, she needs to look into technical programs offered by a Junior or Community College. Some of these programs have starting salaries higher then BAs!! But, they are overlooked but most people coming out of high school. Where do her interests lay? You say she is a good person; maybe she is good with people? If so, tell her to look into PTA (physical therapy assistant) programs. They are only 2 year programs. Are SUPER in demand and have a great starting salary!! Good luck!

My brother's girlfriend is the same way! The thing I found best was to be open with her and give her advice. If you are successful then hopefully she would lean on your advice.

The most important thing is to pray that God will help her find her way in life. Whatever that might be hopefully she will find that "meaningful" life that she want.

Hope I helped

• beez

One of her choices is education. Nobody can take that away from her. She can start off getting her GED. And she can train for something other than waitressing. With a shot of confidence, she can do a lot of things to help herself.

The same thing is with me kind of, but all u need to do is be supportive, but somewhat tough. Tell her make the most of life, get an eduation and do what u what to do in life, career, kids, husband, etc. Remind her your there and your there to help her to

32 is still very young she can go back to school get her GED and continue on to a community college and get a master she still has her whole life ahead of her! my sister recently graduated from college she is 39 single and six kids if she did i know your friend can do it!

• .

If she doesn't have at least a GED suggest that she get one as that will help her get a better job. If she is so nice then perhaps she will meet and nice man and they will fall in love and live happily ever after.

Have an objective 3rd party come in and review the work that is supposed to qualify someone, and choose the best one.

Just sit down and talk to her. She should understand your concerns about her. She might get upset at first, but in time she will see what you were saying and that you were right.

Either tell her what you think she wants to hear & hope she

gets to Texas so you don't have to take the flak of her failure

or try telling the truth as you see it & stop whimping out!