Tyson asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 decade ago

Why is canada never is the news?

• Taryn
    Favorite Answer

You're just reading the wrong news!!!

www.cbc.ca

:)

Edit: Twiggy, you are just reinforcing the stereotypical view of Americans as being "ignorant, uninformed and selfish" with a comment like that. The US is no longer the superpower you seem to think it is; you have been living quite a sheltered life if you think that the US is the "ruler of the free world".

I would like to think that the comments I hear from people in other nations about Americans are misguided; that the majority of Americans are actually intellegent, caring people who are currently being led by a rather unfortunate government. I have many American friends, and they are wonderful people.

However, it's people like you that cause these stereotypes to start - there's always a hint of truth in them.

I don't think that is an accurate assessment. They certainly do make news. They had their leader step down because of corruption, a HUGE lawsuit was settled with a Canadian company (Rim) so that blackberry service would continue, they have many notable sports teams that are always in the news. (the list goes on) You just hear a bit less about them.

They are however newsworthy. Side note...they have great beer eh? ;-)

Because we're not a bunch of crazies going around shooting each other, etc.! I live in Canada and our news is nothing compared to the US. It seems like the US is gun happy. Also the US is way more populated than Canada so that might contribute to more things going on. I think when people are crowded together they go crazy! We have more space here to breath. We're just mellower!!

• Vampie

We're there...does the Toronto Maple Leafs losing streak count?

There nothing sensational, provocative or downright notorious to report. People in the U.S. are drawn to news with those characteristics.

Because we live in a mature country that keeps its nose out of the affairs of other people -- and we don't have a lot of crazies running around here!

• Tina R

Because you're listening to the wrong channel

There's only 10 people living there and they are all drunk or busy watching Hockey night in Canada.

because canadians have no voice. they have a govt. that is lame, and useless. do i need to remind you about how they supported us in our effort to make the world a safer place? i will if you want me to. after 9/11, canada showed to true cowardly colors and if i could i would have personally dug a trench between our to countries so our soil did not touch theirs i would have. there can be only one ruler of the free world and it is THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,so i guess they keep their mouth shut, because after 9/11 they so much as look this way...

*edit, to "question"

thats the nice thing about this forum. its the freedom of your own answer.

• Johnny

Because all they do is shovel snow, drink beer and watch Hockey