How much do I pay a Real Estate Agent??

Do they get a percentage of what your home sells for? Or do they get a set dollar amount? I can sell my house buy owner, but I was thinking they might be able to sell it faster & for more $$, but it depends what they charge. I live in Philadelphia by the way. Thanks. 10 pts.
Update: Thank you all for the answers. If I cant get less than 5% I would sell it myself. I bought my home w/ no real estate agent & no lawyer. I did everything on my own w/ the help of the mortgage company. Meaning getting all the correct paperwork & inspection certificates, etc. I even had to hire someone to put a window... show more Thank you all for the answers. If I cant get less than 5% I would sell it myself. I bought my home w/ no real estate agent & no lawyer. I did everything on my own w/ the help of the mortgage company. Meaning getting all the correct paperwork & inspection certificates, etc. I even had to hire someone to put a window in 1 room, b/c it violated code. It was hard, but I managed, so I think I can sell it on my own also.
Update 2: I also live in the city so people drive by alot & I can use craigslist & newpapers, etc. Is this a good or bad idea?