Have you a nice toffee recipe?
- Anonymous1 decade agoFavorite Answer
1 cup chopped pecans
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine (1 stick)
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Using a paper towel, spread butter on bottom and sides of a square 9" x 9" x 2" pan. Evenly spread the chopped pecans in the pan.
Place sugar and butter in a heavy medium saucepan.
Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil over medium heat while stirring constantly for 7 minutes. (Adult supervision required.)
Immediately pour and spread mixture evenly over nuts in pan. (Mixture is very hot, adult help is required.)
Sprinkle chocolate chips over hot mixture and place a baking sheet over pan so the heat will melt the chocolate chips. After about a minute, spread the melted chocolate chips over candy.
While candy is still hot, cut into 1 1/2 inch squares. Chill until firm and serve or package to give as a gift.
- 1 decade ago
Original Bonfire Toffee
300g / 12oz Demerara sugar
100g / 4oz butter
2 level tablespoons of golden syrup
1 level tablespoon of black treacle
4 tablespoons of water
(1) Put all the ingredients into a pan.
(1) Heat slowly, stirring until the butter melts and the sugar dissolves.
(1) Bring to the boil. Cover the pan, and boil gently for 2 minutes.
(1) Uncover the pan, and continue to boil for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
(1) Test by dropping a little of the mixture into a cup of cold water. It should seperate into brittle threads.
(1) Pour into a buttered 15cm / 6in square tin, and leave to set.
(1) Turn out on a board, and break up with a small hammer.
Makes about 500g / 1LB of Toffee.
- SainTtothEeVELv 41 decade ago
No, but there's a local candy/ice cream shop down the street that's been around longer than me and has all kinds of good stuff.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
Looks like some kind peeps do only one I know is the one my mother uses & she says she can'nt share