Do you remove the dryer lint after a cycle or just before starting a new cycle?

When drying clothes in a dryer, lint builds up on the screen. Do you remove that lint right after you run a drying cycle or do you leave it there to remove right before you start a new cycle?
Update: When drying clothes in a dryer, lint builds up on the screen. Do you remove that lint right after you run a drying cycle or do you leave it there to remove right before you start a new cycle? The reason is because I remove the lint just before starting a new cycle and my roommate does it right after finishing a... show more When drying clothes in a dryer, lint builds up on the screen. Do you remove that lint right after you run a drying cycle or do you leave it there to remove right before you start a new cycle?

The reason is because I remove the lint just before starting a new cycle and my roommate does it right after finishing a drying cycle. My roommate complains that she is always removing the lint. But, if we both could agree to both do it before or after then it would even out. Your votes will determine if we adopt the before or after rule.