What is Death Note?

What is Death Note about?

And what would you give it from a scale of 1-10 (1 being sucks and 10 being right up there with Bleach, Blood+, InuYasha and FullMetal Alchemist

Update:

YEAH *high 5 to Bloominglilies*

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Death Note is about justice. A young, intellegent boy named Light finds a notebook called the 'Death Note' which has instructions on how to use it. The Death Note has the power to kill if you write the persons name in the Note, and think of their face when you write their name (so people with the same name don't die) You can also write how they die, if you just write their name they die of a heart attack. Light finds and uses the Death Note to bring about divine justice, killing off criminals that he researches and decides are guity. As he kills more and more criminals, people start to cheer him on and give him the name Kira (a play off 'killer') Others, however, don't agree with 'Kira' and decide to stop him. They hire a mysterious man known only as 'L' who is the greatest detective in the world to track down and stop Kira.

The whole focus of the series becomes a question of Justice. Who is the hero? Is it Light, who is killing off criminals who are guily but will live in jail or on death row all their lives instead of getting what they deserve? Light kills murderers and rapists and robers, not innocent people, so he is a hero, right? Or is it 'L' who is trying to stop Light? What gives a man the right to kill another? How can Light be sure these men are guilty? When does the killing end? After these criminals, where do you draw the line? What about the man who steals bread to feed his family? Does he die? What about a woman who is beaten and raped to the point she fights back? What is Justice and how do we define it? Is 'L' the hero for stoping Light before Light goes too far and starts killing innocent people?

I give it a 9

• 1 decade ago

Scale of 1-10... it's a 15.5!!!! Death Note is even above those quality shows you just mentioned (although... Inu and FMA is really good) But Death Note is the best thing. EVER!!!!

See... there's this genius named Light who finds a book and discovers that if he puts a person's name in it, they'll DIE!!!!! So, he starts punishing all the criminals out there. And, of course, the world get suspicious.

The story is about Light dodging the cops and getting on the inside so he doesn't get caught. It's a whirling mecca of awesomeness and keeps you on the edge of your seat.

IT. IS. AWESOME.

• 1 decade ago

it is about this dude who obtains a note book that is called the death note and when u write a person's name in it they will die within 5 mins. there is a death god that owns it and he drops it in order for some1 else to find it. when some1 finds it the gain the powers. i think it was pretty good and would give it like a 9.

• 1 decade ago

It's about a high school boy who finds a notebook with the power to cause the death of anyone whose name is written in it.

There is a good summary on Wikipedia.

I'd give it about an 8.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

It's a movie about a boy who got this Death Note book. He got this book and whoseever name is written on this book will be killed in anyway the owner of the book wants. I'll give it a 9.5!!!

Source(s): Watched Death Note and Death Note ll before
  • Zac
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

its about this guy that can write any person that he knows about on a note paper and give them heart attacks and kill them in any other way he wants

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

its about a high school boy named light yagami who finds a notebook and uses it to kill people, he hangs out with some shinigami demon named ryuk who likes apples. L is trying to stop ligth yagami from killing people with the book. it is a really good manga and anime.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Death Note is an anime cartoon, but I think that you already know that lol. ^-^ I like it ok, but there are better shows. For example Inuyasha=Love!!!!

I would probably give it about a....seven.

have you ever seen angel sanctuary? Now that is a ****** up show. It's awesome and I love it, but it's ****** up. lol ^-^

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

it's about these two guys who work together to solve mysteries... sorry that was vague, but my brother is obsessed with it and i think it's about an 8 or 9

• 1 decade ago

urmm.. about 5.. cant match BLEACH! yeahh.. I love byakuya..lol

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.