Disputing red light camera ticket?

Last night while going through an interesection which I thought was still yellow a flash went off. Probably means I was ticketed by a red light camera. I have a few questions: Can I dispute this ticket if it arrives? If they provide photos, etc, what is the best possible way to get the fine reduced? Will I have the... show more Last night while going through an interesection which I thought was still yellow a flash went off. Probably means I was ticketed by a red light camera. I have a few questions: Can I dispute this ticket if it arrives? If they provide photos, etc, what is the best possible way to get the fine reduced? Will I have the opportunity to be represented by a free public defender? This happened in LA county and apparently the ticket will cost $381 dollars. Any advice would be appreciated because I am a poor graduate student.
Update: Also, I was sort of distracted because there were sirens from a firetruck a block behind me (going opposite direction). Usually I know if I can make a yellow light or not, but I was sort of distracted. Could I use this to plead my case?
Update 2: Heavily, some states it's $100 but California, especially LA county, is strict. It's $381