Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicJokes & Riddles Β· 1 decade ago

irish jokes funny or not?

... ** Pat & Mick landed themselves a job at a sawmill. Just before the morning break, Pat yelled "Mick, I've lost me finger!"

"Have you now," said Mick. "And how did you do it?"

Pat replied "I just touched this big, shiny spinning thing here like thi...damn! There goes another one!"

** Mahoney said to his friend McMaken, "I haven't been feelin' meself lately!"

"'Tis a good thing, too -- that was a nasty habit you had!" responded McMaken.

** Mary Clancy goes up to Father O'Grady after his Sunday morning service, and she's in tears.

He says, "So what's bothering you, dear?"

She says, "Oh, Father, I've got terrible news. My husband passed away last night."

The priest says, "Oh, Mary, that's terrible. Tell me, Mary, did he have any last requests?"

She says, "That he did, Father..."

The priest says, "What did he ask, Mary?"

She says, "He said, 'Please, Mary, put down that damn gun...'"

• ....
    Best Answer

Are you picking on me this morning Chris? Lmao

This depends on the object of the humor, and the type of humor... 30 years ago they were mostly Polish jokes due to Knights in armor on horseback and Lance fighting German Panzer tanks in the early days of World War two... There are several types of humor... I can enjoy all of them if they are not used to belittle by biggots... and some of the most biggoted of jokes have been told to me by those the joke is intended to belittle... A case in point.... A cute little joke... Do you know why the Dear Lord made the "Shetland Pony"? So Mexican Cowboys could have a LOWRIDER!!! This joke was shared with me by a Mexican Cowboy, who told me at the time that it was by far the cutiest biggioted joke he had ever herd! ME! .

Well I am Irish and I just wanna say that they were very funny!

Whats the point in getting touchy about these things?

A sense of humour is a good thing!

My second name starts with Mc - McKinney! And damn proud of it!

Have a star!

If you changed the nationality, would people fuss about it? What's with the Irish jokes? That's racism, too, and the Irish have faced far too much of that for centuries. I'm not sure what a person living in Ireland would think, but I am of Irish descent, and I'm not sure how I feel about this.

I think you're a throwback to when the Irish came to America, when there were signs in the windows that said, "No Irish Need Apply". Do you know the hatred they went through when they came here? Maybe you should read about the "coffin ships".

Maybe I seem to take this too seriously, but a racist joke is a racist joke, and none of them are truly acceptable, are they? Try it with various nationalities to see how people react. Pick on a wide array so that we all will be upset and attack en masse or just laugh about it.

Great jokes...made me laugh...and as for the 2 "IRISH AMERICAN CHICKS"....sorry but your the best of irish jokes...Most people from Ireland think youre a joke for claiming your Irish...wtf..Really they're just jokes so to take it personal...hell have a couple pints nd read em again later

• cats

Funny! 100!

good 1 pmsl 10/10 x

• Dj_Ez

Two guys are fishing under a bridge when a funeral procession goes by. One of the men stand up, removes his hat and bows his head. When all the cars go by, he sits back down and goes back to fishing.

"Wow, thats showing respect" exclaims his partner.

"Yea" replies the first, "I spent 30 years married to her"

Pat & Mick arent irish names ther more british as mick is for michael....

pat is kinda but you should went for somehting more like seamus.

AND not everyone in irelands second name starts withs "Mc" ya no.

sterotypical racist joke. i mean i wouldnt of minded one "irish joke" but 3 is a but much.

ha ha ha funny

thanks for a laugh

10/10