Why am I not menstruating?

I'm 21 and healthy. I had a period in Feb and skipped in March and April but found out I was pregnant in early May. (I was 5 wks on 17th) I miscarried in early July and stopped bleeding 2 wks later. I had a spotty period in Aug but nothing since then and it's now Dec. I went to a doc and he said I had nothing to worry about. My husband and I are TTC again and even had sex every other day for a month back in Oct. We have since "offically" stopped trying but nothing has happened and I have not had a period. I've tried reading everything I could find but nothing seems to fit my situation. I had one tiny spot of red blood two days ago (had not had sex for several days before) but nothing other than that. Any ideas what could be wrong with me? Any doctors out there with any advice? What should I have my doc look for? When I conceived back in April I was taking a weeks worth of progestrine (since I hadn't had a period). Does that make a difference? Thanks.

Thank you to those of you who actually gave appropriate responses. Just to make it clear, I HAVE talked to a doctor and I am NOT pregnant at the moment but I am trying to be. And could someone please explain how not having a period for 5 months can be classified as "normal"?

Favorite Answer

It's good that you were taking Progesterone, because I was going to suggest that. I miscarried a pregnancy at 6 weeks along and next time I got pregnant, I took Progesterone suppositories twice a day until I was 12 weeks along.

Anyway, there are several reasons for irregular cycles. A common cause is PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome). Google it and see if you have any of the symptoms. Although even if you don't, you may want your doctor to check for it anyway. (It's just a simple blood test, taken before you eat anything in the morning.) I've heard of women who are diagnosed with PCOS when their only symptom is missed periods.

I'm very sorry about your loss. Definitely take progesterone again when you are ready to TTC again. Good luck to you. I know how hard it can be. My husband and I TTC'ed for nearly 2 years before conceiving our twins, and that only happened after months of heartbreak, fertility drugs, and a miscarriage.

Please don't worry or take any progesterone or anything else that is not completely natural and safe. Worrying, not eating right, eating all raw foods (which can be ok also) and being pregnant (among many other things, including medical problems) can all be the cause of not having a period. If your doctor is a real good doctor (I prefer Natural doctors), I would not worry if he says not to. Just eat real good healthy food, drink plenty of water, get plenty of exercise and only have sex during your ovulation time. That is usually one week after your period. If you abstain for a month or two than wait until the ovulation time, your chances are a lot better. The man's sperm builds up...

Source(s): I conceived two of my children by using the above described method. I now have 6 children ages; 37 34, 22, 17, 15 and 13. I wanted a dozen like my mother and my husbands mom, (she had 13), I changed my mind after six.

I gave you a celebrity. I'm certain my female friend will discover this query while she's on the net stalking me throughout her first day. She will likely be all pissy seeing that I'm being sympathetic to a stranger pmsing and now not her...

i am no expert but i think it would be normal. if this is your first pregnancy than your body is trying to get used to having a little one inside you and balance the rest of your body. If its really bothering you though try asking your doctor just to confirm that nothing is wrong but i am sure it is normal

Here is an Austrailian website that seem on target. You should also notice that exercise can have an effect.

Good Luck

i think you should ask a doctor, not people on yahoo.