Ask your bf/gf to stop talking to their ex?

have you been asked to stop being friends with your ex?have you asked your signifigant other to quit talking to their ex?

is it unreasonable to ask your signifigant other to stop having a relationship with their ex because it makes you uncomfortable?

Favorite Answer

yes, i have been asked, i see nothing wrong with it, i would ask as well if i felt uncomfortable, this is your relationship and if you care about it enough you want to nurture it and therefore don't want to develop any resentment, at the end of the day they are an ex, and for a reason, so it shouldn't be a big deal to give them up. good luck

Eyes an ears open, mouth shut. For now. Ex may come from a similarly afflicted family and can relate .You don't. As long as he is just a sounding-board, not a shoulder to cry on .Encourage her to be honest with you about telling when she sees him .But tell your GF to keep her hands to herself. Her wacky family may find that acceptable, but she needs to know any past abuse in her life WILL stop here, next generation will be abuse-free. It's up to young people to break the chain. I would wait a while on the proposal. Like when this family situation is settled, and the ex fades into the background.

This one's a big deal for me. I've been in too many relationships where the girl had an aggressive, clingy ex...

Can't stand it. It's like he's got a piece of her when I want all of her... And more often than not, she wouldn't push him away strong enough. As if she's scared to "lose" him forever.

I leave my exes out of the relationship; I think I deserve the same level of comfort that I give. But many girls seem to have trouble letting go of their exes... :\

I am a more of an old-fashioned romantic, so I understand that not everyone wants the same kind of relationship I do... But I firmly believe that each person should go out of his/her way to build that trust....

it depends on their relationship i guess i was friends with my ex and trust me i wanted to only be friends that was why we werent together but as much as we werent right for each other he was still a good person that was an awesome friend and we had alot of thing in common but i love my bf and would never hurt him in anyway with my ex but my bf def. is uncomfortable with the idea of it which i guess is understandable but if there is trust then let them be friends because if you try to stop him from doing so he may just go behind you back and then theres gonna be issues so i sug. to let it happen as long as it doesnt interfere with you guys and if it doesnt seem suspicious like they have hidden agendas and you'll be fine

No i completely agree with you. I've had to tell my boyfriend that it really bothers me when he conversed with his ex because their relationship was purely based on sex, so it's really okay to be concerned. Don't order him to stop talking to her, just tell him that it makes you uncomfortable. If he doesn't respond the way you want him to, then maybe consider how much he respects you. Hope that helps!

its not unreasonable, to a limit. i think its okay to talk about what you may have learned from the relationship with your ex (because in my opinion after every failed relationship, you learn something new), but to keep talking about the ex about random stuff (like things that remind you of your ex or things you and your ex did) seems as though you (not you, "you," but in general) haven't gotten over him/her.

i used to ask my bf and my bf used to ask me about our past exs because neither of us got along and we respected each others wants. your significant other should understand why your uncomfortable hearing about someone that he/she used to have strong feelings for as he/she may not want you talking about an ex either.

It depends what is it about their relationship that makes u uncomfortable.

is he flirting with her? is there touching?

I asked my bf to stop talking to his ex because he was being disrespectful to me.And if he really wanted to be with me he would stop talking to her.

the problem I had was that they were talking and flirting.Not to mention even after she cheated on him he was treating her like a saint.Even though I was the one who helped him through all her BS.

The worse part was that she was calling him all the time and when he was with me and answered he would tell her he was busy and at a friends.Even though he was with me.That pissed me off.So no it's not unreasonable.

you need to have respect for yourself, and he needs to respect you.IF he doesn't then he doesn't deserve to have you in his life.

yes. I have asked my ex to stop talking to their ex because their ex was texting and calling their phone talking about still trying to get back with ma boo and knew i was their girlfriend.. so i said they didnt need to be talking anymore..

its hard to just let go of someone whos been you your life longer than your signifigant other

I am guessing you knew that your boyfriend was friends with his ex before you decided to be his girlfriend. You knew what you were getting into, so you can't ask him to stop being friends with her.