Will I die if I eat raw bacon?

Favorite Answer

Bacon is fully cooked already when you buy it so no.

Bacon is cured and hot smoked to an internal tempature of 150 F

The fat isnt rendered until you cook it, but it's safe to eat. So everybody else that answered this question is full of crap

Why on Earth would you eat raw bacon? Okay,,I use to take a small piece of the lean our of Mama's big box of bits and pieces, she used for seasoning but that was before I knew any better...man was that good,,,,stolen bliss....I ate raw cookie dough too....and licked the bowl, when Mama made a cake,,,,,oh for the good old days,,when I was invincible....but now I would cook it....now I don't stray too far from the sidewalk....as Kelly Clarkson sings...

• eve

the only way to eat raw bacon it to wrap it around sushi and put on grill for 4 min each side. hope this helps. i make sushi this way all the time and i have never gotten ill from it.

or you can bake it all at 350 degrees for 15-45 min.

• beckor

provided that it replaced into skipped over on the counter over evening. If it replaced into chilly that is okay because of the fact Beaverbrook is smoked. while i replaced right into a toddler My Dad could consume uncooked floor crimson meat. My mom could be blending up some meatloaf and He could only stick His palms in and pull out a huge gob of uncooked meat and consume it. He in no way have been given ill.

Trichinosis is no longer as issue in pork in the USA anymore. The health department recommends heating pork to 145 F for it to be safe.

Source(s): chef with 27 years of experience

nah but you'll probly get hella sick cuz ur eating raw meat pork let alone and all the fat

OMG! Are you desperate? Cook it throughly or you'll get food poisoning. I suggest you serve it with some butter and chips :)

No, I use to do it when I was little. Only the brown part though.

not DIE, but most likely get sick.

Don't do it