Will I die if I eat raw bacon?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Bacon is fully cooked already when you buy it so no.

Bacon is cured and hot smoked to an internal tempature of 150 F

The fat isnt rendered until you cook it, but it's safe to eat. So everybody else that answered this question is full of crap

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Why on Earth would you eat raw bacon? Okay,,I use to take a small piece of the lean our of Mama's big box of bits and pieces, she used for seasoning but that was before I knew any better...man was that good,,,,stolen bliss....I ate raw cookie dough too....and licked the bowl, when Mama made a cake,,,,,oh for the good old days,,when I was invincible....but now I would cook it....now I don't stray too far from the sidewalk....as Kelly Clarkson sings...

• eve
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

the only way to eat raw bacon it to wrap it around sushi and put on grill for 4 min each side. hope this helps. i make sushi this way all the time and i have never gotten ill from it.

or you can bake it all at 350 degrees for 15-45 min.

• beckor
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

provided that it replaced into skipped over on the counter over evening. If it replaced into chilly that is okay because of the fact Beaverbrook is smoked. while i replaced right into a toddler My Dad could consume uncooked floor crimson meat. My mom could be blending up some meatloaf and He could only stick His palms in and pull out a huge gob of uncooked meat and consume it. He in no way have been given ill.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Trichinosis is no longer as issue in pork in the USA anymore. The health department recommends heating pork to 145 F for it to be safe.

Source(s): chef with 27 years of experience
  • 1 decade ago

nah but you'll probly get hella sick cuz ur eating raw meat pork let alone and all the fat

• 1 decade ago

OMG! Are you desperate? Cook it throughly or you'll get food poisoning. I suggest you serve it with some butter and chips :)

• 1 decade ago

No, I use to do it when I was little. Only the brown part though.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago
  • 1 decade ago

not DIE, but most likely get sick.

Don't do it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.