MRSA: Is anyone aware of any immunity booster that will help to ward off this infection?

Methicillin-Resistant Staphylocuccus Aureaus.

How does one strengthen the immunity to help keep this infection at bay?

Update:

I work around sick people every day and have seen outbreaks so I am concerned for mine and other peoples health.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Streptococcus aureus lives on your body (it's kind of like Escherichia coli, lives with you, but can also make you sick). It is an opportunistic pathogen, meaning, if you're already sick, it will take advantage of the immune system being weakened. Make sure you keep healthy! Get plenty of rest, eat right, exercise and keep your stress levels down. That's the best way to avoid getting sick.

• 1 decade ago

The only thing I have heard of as a booster is to take multi-vitamines and to get good rest.

As a health care worker we are already a carrier of MRSA and when we get sick we carry a higher risk of developing the infection. There is no way to ward off the infection other than staying healthy.

I sure wish there was. Always remember to wash your hands. If you have direct patient care wear gloves and gowns.

Source(s): medical professional - respiratory therapist
  • gilboy
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Hydrogen Peroxide, Rubbing Alcohol, Neosporin, all the above will artwork for cleansing it out and preserving an infection at bay...in case you do not have neosporin, use honey on a bandage...honey will save the an infection out, and is a organic thank you to help the cuts heal without lots of a scar if any...are you reducing your self on objective?? Please communicate on your surgeon and get some help...i do no longer opt to pay attention which you have decrease a intense vein or artery and it carry approximately different issues.

• S P
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

washing your hands and universal precautions...if you work with sick people you more then likely are a carrier anyways The main way of getting it is in a hospital with sick people. You can be a carrier of it and not get sick with it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

just make sure they dont cough on to u or around the room cuz then MRSA may get on you

there is medicine for it but u cant get it away from you like destroy it

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Universal health precautions and washing your hands a lot. Boosting? I haven't a clue.

Source(s): Nurse
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.