Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

This is what I think his joke meant?

Yesterda, a joke made me very upset. I was teaching a date to dance. He made a mistake with one of the steps and it caused me to fall hard on my behind(ouch!). I than told him, "Don't worry about it. This is the perfect place for it." We were just practicing. He than responded, "The step or the butt?" This made me very angry. I felt that it was a very disrespectful comment about my butt. I am proud of my butt and dislike that very much. I think that his joke meant that because my butt has so much padding(and mine really has that big time!) that it was meant for pain and punishment. I hate that!

Favorite Answer

I don't think he meant that...

wow, hold on there. You're over exaggerating the situation and adding drama to a joke that doesn't seem to have been made maliciously. Personally, I think you're a little insecure about your butt, otherwise you wouldn't assume that he's automatically commenting derisively on the size of your derriere.

Everyone has some padding on their booty, and be happy you have enough to break your fall! TGFbutts!

I think it depends on the tone. If he said it in a light matter, I would think that he was just making light of the fact that he made you fall. So if he said it lightly and with a smile, just brush it off. If not, well he can find someone else's butt to comment about, right?

Don't be so sensitive. I think he was just trying to make a joke to cover up for the embarrassment of your fall. Don't make a mountain out of a mole hill -- and no that is not a joke about the size of your butt.

Give him a break. Probably he wanted the whole incident turned into a lighter moment. I think that subconsciously you are very sensitive about your extra-padded butt. In the future if he does something similar then he is a nut-case and deserve your tutorial.

Since he phrased it as a question, I don't think he meant to be offensive. He could have, but it depends which tone he used. Don't worry about it, though. If you're proud of your butt it doesn't matter what he says.

You're over reacting. Get over it. If people can't joke around you then they won't want to be around you. Don't scare your date away, he was probably being flirtatious with any comment on your butt. If you don't like that kind of thing, or feel disrespected that its too soon, slow it down or get a new man.

It was a good joke, a (man joke) in a sence, you said "This is the perfect place for it" and he said "The step or the butt"....

If you still dont get it, it was a sex joke. simple yet playfull. you should be happy, it was just as good as a complement.

First off, that's a joke about anal sex.

Second, it's possible that he made it just to try to break the tension/feel less embarassed about what just happened/cheer you up.

"My butt... was meant for pain and punishment"

That's what she said.

(and if you were offended by that, I feel sorry for your date)

Maybe he has the tendancy to say the wrong things... I say stuff like that and people throw it way out when all I meant was to lesson the embarressment. If he knew you were proud =] of it, maybe he thought you wouldnt take offence...

Well, falling on your butt IS better than falling on your face...he may have actually thought that's what you meant!