Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCultures & GroupsSenior Citizens · 1 decade ago

do Irishmen enjoy the drink?

An Irishman walks into a bar in Dublin, orders three pints of Guinness and> sits in the back of the room, drinking a sip out of each one in turn.>> When he finished all three, he comes back to the bar and orders threemore.>> The bartender says to him, "You know, a pint goes flat after I draw it; it> would taste better if you bought one at a time." The Irishman replies,> "Well, you see, I have two brothers. One is in America, the other in> Australia, and I'm here in Dublin. When we all left home, we promised that> we'd drink this way to remember the days we all drank together.">> The bartender admits that this is a nice custom, and leaves it there.>> The Irishman becomes a regular in the bar and always drinks the same way:he> orders three pints and drinks the three pints by taking drinks from eachof> them in turn.>> One day, he comes in and orders two pints. All the other regulars in thebar> notice and fall silent. When he comes back to the bar for the secondround,> the bartender says, "I don't want to intrude on your grief, but I wantedto> offer my condolences on your great loss.">> The Irishman looks confused for a moment, then light dawns in his eye andhe> laughs. "Oh, no," he says, "My brothers are fine. It's me ... I've quit> drinking!

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Do fish like to swim? Of course they do. They don't have those pink cheeks for nothing! LOL. I remember an uncle by

marriage, who was 100% Irish always had his toddy in the

evenings and more on the weekends. He was always red

faced when I saw him. My dad was Irish also (with some

Cherokee thrown in) and he also liked his drinks in the eve-

nings and maybe another at the cocktail our. We've known

a few other Irish, who also imbibed and their cheeks always

turned red after they'ed been drinking too. I wonder why that

is?

Hey...a lovely tale! Which leads to what an Irishman at our local once told me: Q. "Do you know the definition of an Irish queer?" A. "An Irishman who prefers women over whisky."

ba-da-bing....!

A light at the end of the tunnel -- I can start drinking for me brother and get off this danged wagon ! (snicker snort)

What a coincidence, I'm drunk, Irish, and the answer is yes,yes, yes.

And with that said, I'll leave you all with a wise Irish drinking toast:

" Here's to our wives and girlfriends : May they never meet ! "

wow here's a joke the irishman left the bar haha and yours was very funni

You must be home from work-you are on quite a roll!

That was a good one! I'm Irish / German ,Yes I like Beer.

• ?

Chuckles !!! I hope that my sisters never stop drinking!!

LOL that is a good one fisherman !!

• CJ

This one made me laugh! Thanks. A star for you! CJ