Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCultures & GroupsSenior Citizens · 1 decade ago

do Irishmen enjoy the drink?

An Irishman walks into a bar in Dublin, orders three pints of Guinness and> sits in the back of the room, drinking a sip out of each one in turn.>> When he finished all three, he comes back to the bar and orders threemore.>> The bartender says to him, "You know, a pint goes flat after I draw it; it> would taste better if you bought one at a time." The Irishman replies,> "Well, you see, I have two brothers. One is in America, the other in> Australia, and I'm here in Dublin. When we all left home, we promised that> we'd drink this way to remember the days we all drank together.">> The bartender admits that this is a nice custom, and leaves it there.>> The Irishman becomes a regular in the bar and always drinks the same way:he> orders three pints and drinks the three pints by taking drinks from eachof> them in turn.>> One day, he comes in and orders two pints. All the other regulars in thebar> notice and fall silent. When he comes back to the bar for the secondround,> the bartender says, "I don't want to intrude on your grief, but I wantedto> offer my condolences on your great loss.">> The Irishman looks confused for a moment, then light dawns in his eye andhe> laughs. "Oh, no," he says, "My brothers are fine. It's me ... I've quit> drinking!

12 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Do fish like to swim? Of course they do. They don't have those pink cheeks for nothing! LOL. I remember an uncle by

marriage, who was 100% Irish always had his toddy in the

evenings and more on the weekends. He was always red

faced when I saw him. My dad was Irish also (with some

Cherokee thrown in) and he also liked his drinks in the eve-

nings and maybe another at the cocktail our. We've known

a few other Irish, who also imbibed and their cheeks always

turned red after they'ed been drinking too. I wonder why that

is?

• 1 decade ago

Hey...a lovely tale! Which leads to what an Irishman at our local once told me: Q. "Do you know the definition of an Irish queer?" A. "An Irishman who prefers women over whisky."

ba-da-bing....!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

A light at the end of the tunnel -- I can start drinking for me brother and get off this danged wagon ! (snicker snort)

• 1 decade ago

What a coincidence, I'm drunk, Irish, and the answer is yes,yes, yes.

And with that said, I'll leave you all with a wise Irish drinking toast:

" Here's to our wives and girlfriends : May they never meet ! "

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 years ago

wow here's a joke the irishman left the bar haha and yours was very funni

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You must be home from work-you are on quite a roll!

• 1 decade ago

That was a good one! I'm Irish / German ,Yes I like Beer.

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Chuckles !!! I hope that my sisters never stop drinking!!

• 1 decade ago

LOL that is a good one fisherman !!

• CJ
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

This one made me laugh! Thanks. A star for you! CJ

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.