anemia?????????

ok so my bf's mom is really sick...her hands and legs are really numb (she can barely walk) and she has been out of breath and very tired all the time. she has lost her appitite and threw up 2 or more times. she went to the doc. and they said it may be anemia and she needs a blood transfusion. she seems like shes doing really bad and shes about to pass out at any moment. does anybody here have anemia..or something like this?? or kno anyone w/ anemia? is this really anemia...or something else?

Favorite Answer

I know someone who had really bad anemia and a blood transfusion worked like a miracle. It would be good for your mom to do this as soon as possible because anemia can damage her organs. Make sure that the doctors look for what the cause of the anemia is and try to fix it.

Good luck!

There are many different types of anemia. Check out the site below all different types of info. Anemia can be very serious and if the doctor says she needs a transfusion, don't hesitate. I speak from experience. I have autoimmune hemolytic anemia and it took over 2 years for me to start feeling better. Good luck to your bf's mom.

I had iron deficiency which is a milder form of anemia. Feels like low blood sugar and you get dizzy easily, sometimes your arms and legs tingle, along with hair loss. I never threw up but I was tired all the time.

I would say she sounds like she is anemic

• john n

her iron in her blood is really low to need a transfusion. she will have to start eating foods rich in iron and she will have to get a lot of rest until her blood gets built up again. the dr should be able to prescribe drugs for her to help.being anemic is a lack of iron that makes u tired and pale and all that she is going through. have her see a dietician to show her the right foods to eat hope she gets better soon.

• billy

Sounds Anemic to me, she needs to eat right and get some iron rich foods or iron pills into her.

I don't mean to be rude, but you're more likely to get reliable information based on experience from the doctor, not from Yahoo Answers... sure, some people on here do have medical training and experience - but most don't.

If you're doubtful, get a second opinion from another doctor.