Chi Guy asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Why did Rice say Canadian drugs are dangerous yet now we are receiving drugs from China?

BEIJING — The medicine cabinet in the average U.S. home is filling with drugs made in China , and some experts say that could be a prescription for trouble.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/mcclatchy/20071206/wl_mccl...

Should these drugs be tested for lead?

Favorite Answer

Condi is a Bush puppet, and she will say things reminiscent of Bush even if things don't make sense just to promote her boss's views. Canadian drugs are just as good as the US drugs, which are just as good as the Mexican drugs. Lots of Americans go to Mexico to get cheap medicine and it works just as good as the ones here, except you don't have to spend money on a prescription by seeing a doctor. Bush is afraid of this, afraid that Americans have easy access to affordable, prescription-free medicine, thus decreasing the profits of pharmaceutical companies and insurance companies here.

Good point. Seems like an absurd hyprocrisy stating the same drugs, from the same manufacturer sent to Canada are unsafe....yet tainted toothpaste, lead based paint on children toys, and posion loaded pet foods flow freely from China. Poor dodge attempt by the administration to spin the truth. The administration interest is to protect the ridiculous profit margins by the pharmeceutical companies. Canada, on the other hand, has a cap on the profit margins to protect the consumer from getting taken advantage of. Companies should have the right to make a very healthy profit, but that is a different story from gouging every penny you can squeeze from the elderly for medication they need, in some circumstances just to stay alive.

When a foreign interest is suspiciously getting at the heart of America we need to take better notice. I was surprised Yahoo ran this one. Pets, children, pharmecuticals? Trade deficit that leads US into more debit than the US could ever pay? That's Clinton care. Sorry but it began with loosening of trade agreements back when. Personally I am glad Bush sold Taiwan weapons to off set their monopoly. China is booming. ANd she is not minding any environmenta issues, the Yantzee River project is one example. They are still a faux Communist nation.

Everything out of China should be tested and screened. And monitored. How Canadian drugs are dangerous I am out of the loop here. But I really like Condi. Thanks!

edit: lol It's the Santa Top Dogs... you guys sleigh me !

Canadian drugs ARE dangerous (to profiteering US drug companies).

Bush pushed a law through his Republican Congress making it illegal for retired Americans on fixed incomes to go to either Canada or Mexico for cheaper versions of the exact same drugs they are now forced to take from China.

Canadian drugs dangerous? That is ridiculous. They come from exactly the same drug factories as the ones in the US. The difference is they pay less for them. I might be leery of drugs from Mexico but not from Canada or most of Western Europe.

I wouldn't trust anything from China. Why should I. They are a Communist country. What better way to do in one's enemy that to sell them harmful products and bump them off slowly without them realizing what has happened. They take trusted names in food and drugs. Their kids play with toys from trusted toy manufacturers. Sneaky little buggers. Because corporations want to get cheap and sell high or higer so they can max profits everyone suffers.

Big business has been using this admin as puppets for a long time now.

I would definitely trust a Canadian import drug (which was probably manufactered in the US in the first place) over any crap coming from China.

Test for lead? Yes, also test for arsenic, cyanide, etc.

Anything that comes out of the mouths of anyone connected with the Bush administration is spoken with an ulterior motive in mind and should be ignored by American citizens.

Hmmm.....I have tried a Canadian drug more than once and it was a lot better than you can get here or from Mexico. I wonder, are we are talking about the same drugs?

Hey Pashima Army, at least they don't end their sentences with prepositions like Americans. Example: "Where are you at?"

Simple, Canadian drugs are sold cheaper to the consumer, no profit for American pharmaceutical companies.

Chinese drugs are sold cheaply to the pharmaceutical companies and then sold to consumers at a huge mark up, big profits for pharmaceutical companies

Rice, o yea, I guess this area is something she'd know about?

I admit I hadn't considered your point but if it's correct we really should be worried. Getting the cheapest medicine is asking for trouble.