Driving in the State of Arkansas without insurance?

I live in the State of Arkansas, and usually I don't drive my car because it has no insurance on it, because of financial problems I experienced. However, I was bringing my brother to school one morning because he was late and someone hit me while I was turning from the main road--onto a street. While doing this, a guy sped up and totaled the passenger side of my car. By him not hitting breaks... the full impact of his speed totaled my car. I was mildly injured and still received the ticket for careless operation. I avoided "no insurance" because my card shows it to still be active. Obviously when they ran the policy, it came back canceled. I have to appear in court, and I'm trying to get an idea of what I'm facing against. This is my first charge of this nature and I have no criminal record. "I'm a good boy who goes to school". How can I help myself in the given situation, preparing for the appearance before a judge?

My car is totaled. I have no car to get insurance on!

Favorite Answer

When you go before the Judge you need to have:

***receipts that you paid the fines

***receipts for payment of insurance

***proof of insurance.

GIVE THE JUDGE PROOF OF INSURANCE OF ANY PERSON'S CAR YOU MIGHT BE DRIVING.

IF YOU ARE NOT DRIVING ANYONE'S CAR BUT RIDING A BUS, TRAIN OR TAXI SERVICE THEN HAVE PROOF OF THAT.

I would get the insurance before court. That can only be a plus, but you are probably going to get a HUGE fine anyway for being involved in an accident w/o insurance. Even without an accident and my first offense, my no insurance was 350 dollars.

Get the state required minimum prior to the hearing. State law requires it, and the judge will order it anyway.

** Note: This is a general discussion of the subject matter of your question and not legal advice. Local laws or your particular situation may change the general rules. For a specific answer to your question you should consult legal counsel with whom you can discuss all the facts of your case. **

it is supposedly unlawful to eliminate or in any different case disable airbags and rigidity without them in a motor vehicle meant to be equipped with airbags. it isn't any longer unlawful to have latest airbags deactivated as long with the aid of fact the DMV knows and you have permission from NHTSA. additionally you ought to hold supplemental coverage to hide you and all of us in the motor vehicle ought to you be injured in an twist of fate the place an airbag might have made a distinction on your getting injured or the severity of your injuries.