Why do you think some people gravitate towards web design while others become network engineers?

Why do you think some people gravitate towards web design (back-end or front-end) while others become network engineers? Take a guess.

I know this is a very general general question and I am leaving out a lot of other things in the computer field but I am just wondering what people think. I don't want any ultra logical cocky answers.

Crypt, I'm asking for guesses. I know there is no correct answer but I would guess photographers are more visual and enjoy novelty while astrophysicists tend to enjoy logic more and mathematics.

• Crypt
    Favorite Answer

Because people are different. You might as well ask why some people become photographers while others become astrophysicists.

Edit: OK, think of the photographers as web designers and astrophysicists as network engineers.

Web design is just that, visual design, graphical elements, and that sort of thing. Sure it's a bit more technical than photography, but the same idea. Network engineering is more like physics... Math, hard science, that sort of thing.

My answer hasn't changed, I just simply chose 2 fields a bit farther apart to represent my answer.

Both areas demend human resource yet in the U.S. People may think webdesign is much easier to learn and faster way to get involved in actual carrers, but it's like artists who have more artistic sense or talents have success while others fall. Some webdesingners maybe get higher salary than average, and others just get as much as keep them free from starving. Network engineers will have many more years. As long as today's industry requires and develops better technology, the area of network will be in constant need of people. Simply speaking, network is living longer than design.

Well, they are two way different IT feilds...For me, web design can be tedious since there is so much to do...flash, scripting (php,java,mySQLetc)...If you can cut that, more power to you. Im a network engineer for 2 years now with my MCSE and I love it.

There is alot of money to be made in freelance web design and its a great field, especially if you are creative and want new things.

There are two kinds of people in the world. Some work best with words, some work best with images.

Words vs Images

Web design vs Web development

Conservatives vs Liberals

Math teacher vs Art teacher

etc, etc, etc...

In my experience web designers kind of just fell into it while network engineers whent to school for it from the start.

I don't know, when it comes to people I flow like the wind, I got wherever life take me! Till now it has worked great cose I met wonderful people like you! Love Pearl

same reason some like blondes and other like brunettes mate. It makes the world go round.

Good luck

Some are more into Arts while others are more analytical.

who cares. both are geeks.