Can I get into Oxford University, UK for Economics even though I resat a year?

I'm currently on a gap year, and applied for Oxford. I ORIGINALLY DID POORLY IN MY GCSE AND AS LEVELS. 8 Bs 1A in my GCSE'S and 1 U, 2 Cs, 1 D in my AS's. So, in 2005/6 I resat Year 12. In that Year I took on 3 new Alevels and resat my current ones. By August 2007 I managed to get the... show more I'm currently on a gap year, and applied for Oxford.

I ORIGINALLY DID POORLY IN MY GCSE AND AS LEVELS. 8 Bs 1A in my GCSE'S and 1 U, 2 Cs, 1 D in my AS's.

So, in 2005/6 I resat Year 12. In that Year I took on 3 new Alevels and resat my current ones. By August 2007 I managed to get the following:

Mathematics (a)
Economics (a)
French (a)
History (a)
Business Studies (a)
Design and Technology (a)
Critical Thinking (a)
General Studies (a)

I hear Oxford don't care so much about General Studies though. I also resat my GCSE's and managed to bring the grades up to:

9 A*s, 2 c's

I go to an independent school in London. In my spare time I have been doing martial arts (thai boxing) since I was 7. I play the piano and guitar. I have done community service and have had 2 sales jobs so far, and 2 work experience placements - 1 at abn amro - trading. I am a member of the Royal Economic Society. I also own a profitable online software company.

Do I stand a chance of getting in as I've resat?
1 answer 1