What do you eat on Christmas?

I would love some Gumbo!

• ?
    Favorite Answer

My family and I are Jamaican, and we don't eat Turkey on X-mas or Thanksgiving. We usually have:

- ham

- chicken

- ox tail

- red snapper

- rice and peas (red beans and rice)

- Guinness Stout mixed with Jamaican rum, ice cream, condensed milk, nut meg and cinnamon (yeah, I gave ya'll the recipe!)

- curried goat

- macaroni salad

- red cabbage

- spiced bun and cheese

- pumpkin roll

- and the all time favorite holiday Rum cake

...and some other stuff like macaroni and cheese...now that I married an American man :o)

My mama make Ham and Turkey usually (I get tired of that) along with mac & cheese, collard greens, black eyed peas, mashed potatoes, and the whole nine. My pops on the other hand, go all out with Jamaican food. He celebrates the holidays like a day or two early, invite all his friends and cook a big Jamaican meal for everybody. Now, I want some gumbo this year myself.

We have such a large spread of food at Christmas to choose from. My hubby's mother will spend weeks before Christmas making tamales from scratch....red chili tamales with pollo and/or carnitas, green tamales with pollo and/or carnitas and sweet tamales with cinnamon and pineapple. We will make a pot of either Pozole or Menudo. I also will do most of the baking.....chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter blossoms, Mexican Wedding Balls, decorated cut-out sugar cookies and many more. My hubby's sister will make her traditional Cherry Pizza which is his favorite! Someone else will bake a ham and another will do the turkey. If the hunting season was good that year, someone will also make dishes such as Venison Stew or Venison Strogganoff to accompany everything else (not a good one this year....darn). Then there is the salad, veggies and relish trays along with all the chips and dips you can imagine.

Oh by the way, venison is very good made as Gumbo or Jambalaya! We love Cajun/Creole cuisine! I gaay-ruhn-tee!

• The same **** we eat for Thanksgiving, every single year. Ham, hen, dressing, baked macaroni and cheese, candied yams, potato salad, green beens, greens, cabbage, okra gumbo, rolls, cakes, pies, punch.

yeah xmas gumbo would be great! I make black eyed peas gumbo on new years day, it's good luck

Usually a feast just like Thanksgiving. Turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes, pie, etc. OH and Christmas candy!

Our family's traditional Christmas Day meal is Lasagna with salad, garlic bread & all the homemade goodies....pumpkin bread, fudge, various cookies, & apple crumb muffins. We usually start the day with snack foods like little sausages, cheese, carrot & celery sticks, crackers, apples, & oranges.

We always have King Crab Legs (with hot butter for dipping), filet mignon, twice baked potatoes, and lots of other side dishes! It's a tradition in my family!

Pop Tarts

Prime rib at my grandparent's around 1, and then an Italian feast at my aunt's around 7.