payment for web design/web layout?

I heard from a friend that you pay a web design/web layout per page? Is that true? ex. 1 page = $1

11 Answers

Relevance
  • cooper
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

hi there!! im a web designer and it really depends on the website!! I mean if its a very basic website with alot of pages it could cost the same as a website with alot of content yet only a few pages!! Depends on what your website is selling too!! Best thing for you to do is to get a quote of a few web designers thats what i advise all of our customers to do!!! Make sure you tell the designer as much detail as possible i.e whether you want flash etc as this can vary the price too!!

• 1 decade ago

It's going to depend on who does it and how complicated it is.

For $1, you aren't going to get much.

And also, you don't usually need to pay a web designer for every page. You need to pay the designer for the first page plus maybe a couple more. After that, almost anyone can create additional pages based on the first ones.

If you're getting the work for $1 per page, it's a high school kid whipping something out and hoping for some extra cash. You get what you pay for.

• 1 decade ago

hello I think that its is really depends on the website!! I mean if its a very basic website with a lot of pages it could cost the same as a website with a lot of content yet only a few pages!! Depends on what your website is selling too!! Best thing for you to do is to get a quote of a few web designers thats what i advise all of our customers to do!!! Make sure you tell the designer as much detail as possible i.e whether you want flash etc as this can vary the price too!!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It all depends on the web designer. Different designers set their own pricing. Some price by the hour others have more fixed rates based on the project details. I do web design work and I charge per project based on project details. My site is http://www.dimdigital.com

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

ilan was right. You pay between 100 and 200 dollars per page. I found the most difficult part is getting the organizations to define what kind of data they want to present on the web site and then providing that data.

• ilan
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I don't think that's accurate information, it also depends on the quote you get from the web designer; usually most pages (complete sites) range from 200 and up.

• 1 decade ago

Depends on who you go with. If you go with freelance some will charge per page or some will give an up front cost. Many times with an up front cost, clients will add more pages than agreed on, so I changed my pricing structure to per page, after I included so many.

• Ivette
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Well yeah mainly what you like, you should go to different sites to see how they are done and how they are made so you have an idea of what other peoples work look like. Now take that to design web pages that you like and things like that. Of course an imagination would be needed. Thanks

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If you're just talking about static pages yes, a per-page payment is usual.

But any dynamic site needs more than just tagging work, so you can't charge/pay per page for that.

• 1 decade ago

That's correct the rate goes far beyond that though plus there's additional charges for special features or designs.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.