Wedding advice? Alternative wedding ring.?

My boyfriend and myself are planning to get married in April next year. I decided it would not be a good idea to buy an engagement ring because I always break or loose jewellery. I do want to wear a wedding ring but I am terrified that I will loose it. Weddings ring have a lot of symbolic importance, I don't... show more My boyfriend and myself are planning to get married in April next year. I decided it would not be a good idea to buy an engagement ring because I always break or loose jewellery. I do want to wear a wedding ring but I am terrified that I will loose it. Weddings ring have a lot of symbolic importance, I don't want anyone to think I don't love my husband if they don't see a wedding ring on my finger.

Are their any good alternatives to a normal wedding ring?

(I am not interested in getting a piercing. I don't even have my ears pierced.)
Update: I break jeweley because I play with any jewelry I wear. It's a subconcious thing and I can't stop doing it. My necklaces snap and my rings break in half (or go out of shape). I also have an allery to some types of metal.

Thank you all for your fantastic advice and help.