shower hot water not working!!!?

Hi I don't know wut 2 do or wuts wrong I turned on my shower tonite and the cold water is fine but when I turn it to the hot side the water completely stops coming out of the shower head my sink hot water works so what's wrong help please!

Favorite Answer

to the sounds of it you have a single handle shower valve, it possibly your cartridge inside is plugged what you will need to do is turn all water to house off remove cover top of handle piece to remove screw to handle off valve remove cover plate screws and buy the correct style remover you will need to no what brand of shower valve you have to complete if i new right now i would let you no more good luck maybe you should call a local plumber

Source(s): plumber 6 years
  • in some houses/appartments the cold water comes off the mains water pressure but the hot runs off head pressure that means the water level in your storage tank must be higher than your shower out let to work check your cold water storage tank it should be in the closet above your hot water cylinder the valve may have gone not allowing it to fill up if thats the case it's only a matter of time befor the hot water goes in your fossits aswell . to test this just run the hot water from one of your fossits you should be able to hear the water filling in the tank if you cant then thats the problem

P.S this is only my best guess it could be countless other problems if all else fails call a plummber.

Sounds like you have an anti-scald shower valve, It could be blocked from sediment. It can be turned up. Try at Home Depot or Lowes and they can show you how it's done

That's weird. Should be at least cold water.