Where is the middle rack of a 4 rack oven?

Is it the second rack counting from the top?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

One of the middle two. Relax - it's not rocket science.

• Kevin P5 years agoReport

Don't be a jackass. "Relax." I had the same question. Didn't read like a frantic question to me. What the hell is wrong with you?

• buhl
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Center Rack Of Oven

• 1 decade ago

Do some test baking. Make a 2-layer cake. Bake one layer on the 2nd rack and one on the 3rd. Different ovens heat differently, so whichever of the 2 layers turns out the best, I'd call that your middle rack. If they're the same, then I wouldn't put any more thought into it.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The nearest to the middle. Racks are adjustable, so just put one of the racks in the very middle and make sure there is enough space around it, so put probably one rack two spaces above it (leave a small gap) and the other racks below it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

The point of the "middle rack" advice is to make sure the dish is surrounded evenly by the heat. Yuou can use the 2nd or 3rd, whatever is the best fit for the dish & oven.

• Brenda
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axDkR

It can be Shelf 2 or 3. For baking cookies, I use the higher "middle" rack, but I use the lower "middle" rack for deeper pans.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You can always remove a rack and move one of the others to the middle

• 1 decade ago

You can put the racks wherever you want. Either of the two in the middle will due. Just check on your food.

• 1 decade ago

second rack from the bottom not the top

• 1 decade ago

second rack from the bottom

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes, second... it should be about in the middle. Actually the middle of the heat is above the center of the burner and not right in the middle.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.