Why guys with long hair are held back?

At most work places, all the women are allowed to keep their hair long but clean and tied back. For us guys however its either "cut the crap off or no job!" Doesn't matter how clean we keep it. Not only are we denied work but we also get treated not as well as the "cut male workers" if... show more At most work places, all the women are allowed to keep their hair long but clean and tied back. For us guys however its either "cut the crap off or no job!" Doesn't matter how clean we keep it. Not only are we denied work but we also get treated not as well as the "cut male workers" if we're lucky enough to even have a job.
I have semi long hair btw, don't plan on cutting it ever and it really ****** me off when ignorant people say I can't get a job just cause I refuse to look like a jock. Its just not right...every male should have the right to have long hair at work. To me its like racism. I can't see a good reason why they all want it cut off.

We are about as oppressed and ridiculed as gays, lesbians, disabled, etc.

I mean how would you feel if you could not get a job just cause, say, your eyes were blue?