Kidneys shut down, pnemonia, liver shut down, etc?

My uncle who has been in the hospital now since thursday for double pnemonia. First his liver shut down, and now apparently his kidneys are going as well. His bp has gone up though. Yesterday he was taken off his sedation medication but he still hasn't woken up. They are saying it's going to take a miracle... show more My uncle who has been in the hospital now since thursday for double pnemonia. First his liver shut down, and now apparently his kidneys are going as well. His bp has gone up though. Yesterday he was taken off his sedation medication but he still hasn't woken up. They are saying it's going to take a miracle but I refuse to believe this. Is there no chance at all for him? They are checking for brain I feel so guilty right now because I conributed to his alcohol use (he would ask me for money all the time). I cut him off though a week before he ended up in the hospital and I'm starting to think he did something to himself to end up here. We just now found out that he was suppose to go to court a few days ago for stealing beer but he never told us about this. We think he was too afraid too. He helped me out with so many things in life...he wasn't just some bum alcoholic. How can I feel better about this? I've never lost anyone before and we were so close..he was like the father I never had
Update: They are checking for brain activity now.
10 answers 10