If you refinance your auto loan, will you receive the pink slip?

What about if you apply for a personal loan and pay off your vehicle? Will that result in you receiving the pink slip?

Favorite Answer

no, if you refinance youre just getting a new loan at a new rate. but if you get a personal loan and pay off the car you will get the pick slip and now owe the bank who gave you the loan.

If you refinance an auto loan, the pink slip will be sent to the new finance company. I just refinanced my car about 8 months ago so I'm speaking from experience.

If you pay off the car through a personal loan and the lender doesn't know what you're using the money for, then the pink slip would be sent to you. However, if the band knew you were going to use the money for a car, they might ask you to bring the pink slip to them. But I'm not 100% sure in this case.