Where is Dakar, Senegal. Is Dakar has refugee camp?

19 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The email you received is a scam. Dakar is a major city with over 2,000,000 residents. There are refugees who settle in the city, but Dakar does not have refugee camps.

• 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Where is Dakar, Senegal. Is Dakar has refugee camp?

Source(s): dakar senegal dakar refugee camp: https://shortly.im/rTkXZ
  • HJW
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Dakar is the capital city of Senegal, located on the Cape Verde Peninsula, on the country's Atlantic coast. Its position, on the western edge of Africa (it is the westernmost African city), is an advantageous departure point for trans-Atlantic and European trade; this fact aided its growth into a major regional port.

According to December 31, 2005 official estimates, the city of Dakar proper has a population of 1,030,594, whereas the population of the Dakar metropolitan area is estimated at 2.45 million people.

Dakar is a major administrative centre, home to the National Assembly of Senegal and Senegal Presidential Palace.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dakar

no Dakar does not have a refugee camp that i know of..........

• 1 decade ago

Dakar is the capital of senegal, a nice country in west africa.

I don't think there is any refugee camps there..

The people there a very friendly and the global economical level is not bad compared to neighbour countries..

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 years ago

there is a reverend Father John Paul dakar senegal in refugee camp?

• 7 years ago

Please do not fall for this nonsense. There are a hundred scam mails running around with the same story, they just change the girls name.

The basic answer is that people claiming to be in such camps are trying to defraud you.

Very few people in a refugee camp, if any, would have Internet access. Especially to the extent that these people have.

If you have received an email from a person (especially a female) who claimed he/she is residing in a refugee camp in Dakar, Senegal, it is a fraud. There is no camp in Senegal. That person is part of a well-known swindle.

Should you wish to donate money to refugee camps it is highly recommended you do so through a recognized charity.

Here are answers from various WikiAnswer contributors:

(there is also a sample letter posted further down this page)

There has been an "advance fee" scam going for awhile in which a person - most always a girl/woman - will strike up contact with someone, either as a pen pal or some other innocent encounter. Then, at a certain point, she'll let it drop that she could get a lot of money owed her, or even get out of the refugee camp, if only she had $X or £X for this, that or the other.

He/she uses a lot of names. It can be a woman who is writing the letters or it can be a man pretending to be a woman, or it can be a gang of men (such as the gangs from Nigeria who pull similar scams on dating agency sites) by pretending to be women who need your help. It is a well-known scam. It's all lies.

It's a scam she's a fake, and the refugee camp doesn't exist, why bother? Moreover, the photos that she/he sends you it not a picture of her.

He/she who is behind the letters is very smart and knows how to enter your heart very easily. I for one believed her/him till the end. She/he is a good actor, and she/he has the tools to prove that she/he is telling you the truth like the bank email and British phone number. She/he is very good swindler, its a very clever scam.

If you have you received an email from a girl claiming she is residing in a refugee camp in Dakar, Senegal, it's a scam and there is no camp in Senegal. That person is a swindler.

There has been an "advance fee" scam going for awhile in which a person - most always a girl/woman - will strike up contact with someone, either as a pen pal or some other innocent encounter. Then, at a certain point, she'll let it drop that she could get a lot of money that is owed to her, or even get her out of the refugee camp, if only she had $X or £X, etc., for this, that or the other.

It's a scam and there is no camp in Senegal. That person is a swindler.

Here is an example of the initial type of letters these scammers write (the names have been removed) before moving on to ask you for money:

" My name is XXXX XXXXXX from South Sudan, but presently i am residing at the N'dioum refugee camp here in Dakar Senegal as the result of the civil war out of political crisis going on in my country, the camp is headed by the Rev whom i use his office computer to write to you when he is less busy at the office, i was a medical student reading nursing before the incident that leads me to be here. My Father Dr XXXXXX XXXXX XXXX ,died in December 2011 . My father was a freedom fighter, he was the leader of the South Sudan Democratic Movement , and the South Sudan Army before the rebels attacked our house one early morning and killed him alongside with my sweet mother oh? may their souls rest in peace, i managed to make my way to Senegal where i am living now as a refugee by the help of the Red Cross Society. I will like to know more about you, your likes and dislikes and what you are doing presently, i will tell you more of me in my next mail if you write back to me again. i will be waiting patiently to read again a mail from you, thanks and God bless you, i remain yours forever. "

• 6 years ago

Can somebody please confirm if there in Dakar Senegal a lawyer by the name of Berrister (Dr,Linus Lacha) and also Pastor - Rev Mark Andrew at the Refugee camp.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

http://www.unhcr.org/pages/49e4850e6.html

Senegal still hosts some 13,700 Mauritanian refugees. UNHCR and the Governments of Mauritania and Senegal will complete the repatriation of some 7,500 Mauritanians returning in 2014. For the remaining population, the Office will assist individual voluntary repatriation requests, while those not ready to return will continue to benefit from assistance with crop production, livestock herding and fisheries. UNHCR will also help refugees acquire residence permits and access legal services.

UNHCR's Regional Office in Senegal will oversee and support operations in West Africa through joint strategic planning and coordination with United Nations country teams, NGOs and government counterparts. The Regional Office will also focus on collaboration with other UN agencies throughout the region. Operations affected by the Mali situation, especially with regard to returns to Mali and the process of national reconciliation in coordination with MINUSMA, will receive special support.

• 4 years ago

Where Is Dakar

• 5 years ago

iam rcvd email from a garl sayeg he is refuge and living at dakar refugee camp oprated by christ de saviour mission thr pastor revrend patrick mark and she want to escap for better life.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.