Help with MS Access.?

A friend of mine is having a problem creating a new database in MS Access. Her computer was recently upgraded, and now when she tries to create a new database, Access requests a password. This is NOT when opening a database, it's creating one.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Do you know which version of Access she is using as that might make a difference?

Is this definitely happening at the time that she creates a database or is it happening when she just loads Access?

Does it happen in the file dialog box, when she clicks create? In that case it may be nothing to do with Access, but it may be that she does not have access to the default folder that comes up in which she is trying to create the database.

The Security settings are off the Tools Menu. However, there is no permission that relates to being able to create a database. Hence I think the problem may be the one that I mentioned above.

• 4 years ago

in the observe checklist, click the place you elect to insert the contents of the table or question. demonstrate the Database toolbar (toolbar: A bar with buttons and recommendations which you employ to accomplish instructions. To demonstrate a toolbar, press ALT and then SHIFT+F10.), and then click Insert Database . click Get records. elect a thank you to retrieve, clear out, and variety the education by using doing between here:

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.